[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 960x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 960x1200
I'm trying to re-invent myself /adv/

I've been in a bad way the past few years, and decided to put my foot down over the winter and fix myself. I bought new, better fitting clothes, I'm going to be buying a new car, and I've been working out about 2-3 times a week since December.

That's where I need help. As you can see, I'm a skinny guy. I'm not trying to get huge or anything, I just want more muscles definition. I can tell that my arms have gotten stronger since December. When I touch them they feel more "full" and I can see some shape to them. But what's bothering me a lot is my chest. I have a naturally fatty chest. And it really embarrasses me. I workout at home, doing body weight excerises (pull ups, chin ups, push-ups, planks, sit ups, leg lifts.. Ect). I also have 2 35lbs dumbells I use too. But I'm just not seeing enough results in my chest. Like I can definitely feel the muscles after I workout, but my chest is just so fatty.

Any advice or am I on the right path but it's just too early for enough results?

*note- I WOULD go to a actual gym but I live in a rich area, and don't want to pay $99/m for membership. Fuck that
>>
>>16988089
Find a YMCA, find a dirty old powerlifting gym, find a planet fitness, drive if you have to. If you want to make real gains on your chest you're going to need to be working with real weight. More importantly, you're going to need to be working with equipment. I didn't start to get my chest looking less flabby until I was consistently doing decline and incline benches, using a Smith machine to hammer out weak points in my form, and doing pull overs. The chest is an area that requires significant, specialized work if you're prone to gyno (like you might be). If you have a bench you can try using the 35s, but you need to keep in mind that the chest is a large, strong muscle group and your numbers are going to go up fast.
>>
>>16988105
I've looked around for smaller gyms, but everything within 20-30minutes of me is just big health Clubs.. fucking rich people.. everything is $80+/m
>>
>>16988117
Then I suppose you could go on Craigslist looking for equipment, but you're probably going to spend hundreds. Your other option would be to hit the cardio very hard and bring down body fat, but living in the 10% range is a hell of a lot tougher than driving an hour and a half three times a week.
>>
>>16988089
How are you doing your push-ups? Because endurance training won't give you much muscle mass.
>>
>>16988143
>other option would be to hit the cardio very hard to bring down body fat

But I'm already a VERY skinny guy

>>16988154

wide arm, close grip, diamonds.
>>
Push Day:
- Pushups: 5x15
- Chest Dips: 4x12
- Triceps Extensions: 3x20
- Bench Dips: 3x15
- HSPU: 5x5
- Hindu Pushups: 3x12

Pull Day:
- Pull-ups: 5x8
- Inverted Rows: 3x12
- Back bridges: 4x10
- One-arm Assisted Chin-ups: 4x5
- One-arm Inverted Rows: 3x8
- Chins Isometric Holds: 3xFailure

Legs Day:
- Suqats: 5x20
- Jumping Squats: 4x15
- Lunges: 3x30
- Sprints: 4x20sec
- Box Jumps: 3x10
- Hanging Leg Raises: 3xfailure
- L-sit: 3xfailure

The scheme is L/P/P/OFF and repeat.

- Day [1]: Legs
- Day [2]: Push
- Day [3]: Pull
- Day [4]: OFF
- Day [5]: Legs
- Day [6]: Push
- Day [7]: Pull

For gaining mass = Eat at a surplus (2-300 cals +).
For losing bodyfat = Eat at a deficit (2-400 cals -).
Get enough protein (0.82g/lb of bw) and fats (0.45g/lb of bw) and rest of your calories from whatever you desire.

I used to lift weights but after hurting some joints I switched over to calisthenics using the above. I'll never go back, the results have been amazing so far.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.