[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My urge to self-harm is rapidly rising and it's hard enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: EnucroD.jpg (62 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
EnucroD.jpg
62 KB, 460x460
My urge to self-harm is rapidly rising and it's hard enough to find the motivation to tell anyone who might help outside of something as dumb as /adv/.
>>
Nothing you read will be able to make you think "oh maybe I shouldn't do this stupid thing". People who actually self harm trust their negative confidence more than what others say.

It you aren't just having your teenage phase and you actually believe you're going to self harm, get actual help.
>>
>>16956228
I think it taking less than an hour for someone pay attention to you might help you not do a stupid thing.
>Those people who self-harm or attempt suicide? Ignore it man, it's just a cry for help.
>>
File: 1450162199983.jpg (10 KB, 261x173) Image search: [Google]
1450162199983.jpg
10 KB, 261x173
>>16955971
>anyone who might help outside of something as dumb as /adv/.
Why do people do this so often? I honestly don't understand how a person can have such little grasp on how to interact with others.

>Hi /adv/, I think you're all a bunch of shit tier plebs!
>you all suck black dick for cheeto money and none of you know what you're talking about!
>I'm much better than all of you
>now please can you take time out of your day to sort out my problem that I'm utterly incapable of fixing myself?
>no one else wants to help me for some reason but I've no idea why...
>>
>>16956248
You're a bit stupid then.
>>
File: 1372251199033s.jpg (5 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1372251199033s.jpg
5 KB, 125x125
>>16956250
Oh ok then m7. Perhaps if I start insulting people and expecting them to help me in return I might be as clever as you one day.
>>
>>16956262
Ok thanks for being understanding.
>>
>>16955971
Talk to someone OP
Problems aernt going to solve themselves and sharing them will Def help you solve them
Get OFF UR ASS AND TALK TO SOMEONE
>>
File: image.png (342 KB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
image.png
342 KB, 394x394
>>16955971

Consider suicide.
>>
>>16956282
I don't believe they're going to be solved by anything except a permanent solution.
>>
there used to be a suicide hotline plastered at the top of /adv/ but asian moot had to take it down.

look up local suicide prevention numbers OP.
>>
>>16956300
You think it'd do any good to be sectioned with a bunch of more mentally ill people for a week or two?
>>
>>16956309

Hey retard did I say commit yourself to a mental ward?
>>
>>16956313
That's how suicide prevention typically works. I have nothing to say to anyone. But thanks.
>>
>>16956318
>I have nothing to say to anyone

Yet here you are crying for attention.
>>
>>16956324
So it seems.
>>
>>16955971
>>16956246
>>16956250
>>16956266
>>16956292
>>16956309

This is indeed a cry for help, but this is not the way, and you know you can do better than this. I personally do not care whether you'll chose to answer to this via passive-aggressiveness, irony or flat-out denial, but please stop making yourself out of reach when there's actual people trying to reach you.

As for your prooblem, you'd need an appointment with a psychologist. Feel free to ask any question related to this solution.
>>
>>16956335
Yeah, you're right. I just wanted to air the idea somewhere with real people before getting myself involved with any actual system. Thanks.
>>
>>16956340
>I'm here to shitpost
>>
>>16956340
I'd be glad if you did that. Feel free to come back here anytime. Just... don't be like that. I don't personally have a problem with your attitude, because I work with people employing mechanisms of self-defense on a daily basis; but the average anon, despite being willing to help you, isn't focused on you. There will be perceived insults and escalations.

I do love you tho, anon. Take hearth.
>>
>>16956346
Call me when you turn 18.
>>
>>16956351

Call someone who cares about you.

Oh wait...
>>
>>16956355
Dude, please stop giving OP shit.

Let's consider these two scenarios: he's either telling the truth or actually shitposting. I don't plan on convincing you one is true and the other is false, just look at how this pans out.

If he was indeed shitposting, you're just taking the bait.
If he was indeed crying for help, you're just kicking a man when he's down because he didn't have the proper instruments to interact with you at a certain time.

What is to be gained?
>>
>>16956368

If he's shitposting and you're defending him you're making this place worse.
>>
>>16956350
Yeah, thanks. I'm not shitposting. If things don't improve very soon I'll try to seek out some "real" help.

I'm just responding to trolls/unempathic responses in the manner they deserve to be responded. Thanks for being on /adv/, it desperately needs more people like yourself.
>>
>>16955971
Self harm is very common.
Reasons for it vary but seems mostly to be the behaviour of someone with need for control when life is uncontrollable.

Remember, sometimes people get addicted to chewing ice cubes. It's a symptom of low blood iron. We behave in all kinds of strange ways that point to some underlying illness.

TL;Dr you need a dr.
>>
>>16956374
Fair enough. This is why I specified I wasn't keen on convincing you he's pure and innocent. But again, assuming he was shitposting, playing his game is not making this place any better. Just let this one time slide, anon, please. He's as human as you are, sometimes we fuck up things.

>>16956376
Last word of /adv/ice: don't feed this misunderstanding. It's not gonna do much good. You don't have anything to gain either by prodding him back; he's as human as you are and might just be in a bad mood.
>>
>>16956246
Therapists work. Reading anonymous "I luv u" comments dont. I'm willing to give people attention when they need it, that's why I replied.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.