[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need motivation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: GL.jpg (49 KB, 357x500) Image search: [Google]
GL.jpg
49 KB, 357x500
Hey guys, I'm quite new here (18 very sparingly lurked since December), and I figured I would ask you guys for some advice. I might be very happy in life but I lack the motivation to do anything, I feel monotonous and only do things when I am told to do so, so I am used fairly often used for that fact (I babysit every night for my sister for free when I should be sleeping, yet I don't really like doing it for example) and I mostly enjoy it because I feel like I am actually doing something with my life when I do, but I only have about 3 REAL interests in life 1. Deep conversations with my 4 friends including my Gf (I only consider these 4 people as my friends, everyone else can suck it) 2.Laughter of any kind and 3. Dungeons and Dragons (I don't fully understand why I love D&D so much but I do) other than these three things I have NO interest in anything and no drive to go do anything with my life. At first I thought I was just depressed but I have been genuinely happy for the past 2 years of my life. I love life. So basically what I am saying is could some kind annon please give me some sort of idea on how to restart my motivational drive and get me to do something with my life? ( idfk if this makes any sense) I have only noticed this problem recently and I am graduating from high school this year and I am dreading the thought of college for I am only going because of my 3.6 GPA and my grandparents nagging me about it every single day (literally. every. day.) I feel like I need to do something GOOD with my life, maybe help people, but I am a very weak willed man for any job I see as respectful/ genuinely good. So 4chan, what the hell do I do? Tl;Dr: I am a graduating fag with no motivation in life and need to fix that shit fast. Pic kinda related I guess.
>>
>>16921587
how bout you learn to type out a list you fucking moron.
>>
File: me tbh.jpg (46 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
me tbh.jpg
46 KB, 600x800
>>16921600
It's my first post, I barely use the site, I don't necessarily know how to make a list but in hindsight that is a good idea, but I genuinely don't care about how the post looks, I only care for advice. Thanks for the reply I guess, I just wish I had common sense like you.
>>
This is going to sound corny as fuck, but since you are into D & D, try something like this:

Pick something random to do as a quest.

Figure out what sort of skills you'll need to do that thing. As you acquire those skills, mark down that you have leveled up in them.

Finish the quest and give yourself experience points for doing so.

Repeat with something else. Eventually you'll probably figure out things you are interested in doing.

If you don't figure out anything you are interested in doing, concentrate on acquiring money. Keep track of that as gold pieces.
>>
So what your life goals are talking, laughing and playing dnd.

Guess that's OK. Get a fuckin job and get enough money to live with funny talky people who like playing dnd I guess.

Doing GOOD with your life is fucking dumb. Being happy around people and helping your friends is more than enough.

Maybe your goals will change in a few years but it doesn't matter right now.
>>
File: nat20.jpg (147 KB, 945x516) Image search: [Google]
nat20.jpg
147 KB, 945x516
>>16921707
That legitimately sounds like fun, I might consider something like that, I'll probably have to think a little about it before I do anything, but I do really like the D&D perspective you're going with. Thank you.
>>
>>16921710
I dont have any motivation to get a job, this is a huge problem for me that I should have stated.

Also doing good = me being happy, I love the sense of a good deed done and being genuinely helpful/useful.
>>
>>16921737

Glad to help. Hope it works out for you.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.