[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, im travelling in paris and soon rome, whats some advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Hey guys, im travelling in paris and soon rome, whats some advice you experienced travellers have to not get my shit stolen? Pic related
>>
>>16908249
What are your accomodations like? Are you worried about pickpockets, scams, or just the cleaning lady taking your phone?
>>
>>16908262
Probably just pickpockets. Accomidations seem pretty not sketchy.
>>
>>16908249
Keep your phone and wallet in the front pockets of your trousers. Only carry a bag if you absolutley have to, and keep it where you can see it at *all* times (protip: that means not on your back). Make sure the straps of any bag you use are sturdy and can't be easily cut.

The cardinal rule - if someone stops you in the street you're a couple of seconds away from loosing your gear. Doesn't matter what it's for - selling you flowers, asking for help with something, even telling you they've just been robbed - it's a distraction so you don't notice the other person lifting your things. When, not if, but when it happens turn around QUICKLY (because the person taking your stuff is behind you) and walk away. It feels really rude to do it, but it also feels pretty bad to realise that someone else has all your cash, your credit cards and the keys to your hotel and hire car.
>>
>>16908295
Then I would just use a moneybelt and only get drunk in the company of friends.
>>
>>16908321
I carry my backpack but thats only because i have little padlocks on the zippers, and it would be very difficult to cut as its a tough mesh. thanks for the tips!
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.