[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo /adv/, me and my girl have been together for 3 years now,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151225_193140.jpg (305 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151225_193140.jpg
305 KB, 1080x1920
Yo /adv/, me and my girl have been together for 3 years now, we are high school sweethearts (both 19), but we both still live with our parents. We want to have a courthouse wedding because why the fuck not, we just want to be able to call each other our spouse, and he'll its probably an irresponsible thing to do, but fuck it, for the sake of the argument, humor me. Our parents are really against the idea of us getting married, as they didn't even know we were dating for 3 years because we never really had to tell them. They think we've been together for a few months. If we get married, is it possible to hide it? Do they send you random shit in the mail or anything?
>>
>>16615665
God this is such a bad idea
Just give each other rings and call each other husband and wife. Why make it legally official?

Yes you will get stuff in the mail addressed to both of you.
>>
>>16615665
Yeah, clearly an awful idea. Any time your reason for doing something is "why the fuck not," it's time to take a step back and examine your own motives.

Maybe you want to get married because you think it would make your relationship, which I'm sure feels like the most important thing in your life right now, seen more legitimate. I'm sure you think what you're feeling for this girl is purer and stronger than what's between a lot of couples that are officially "married", and that your relationship deserves the same kind of recognition those couples get.

While that's not entirely insane, its also putting the cart way before the horse. I hate to break it to you, but until you and her can support yourselves as a family together, without mooching off your parents, you won't really be married, no matter what the courthouse says. Rather than adopting the trappings of a life together, you should be building it's foundation, and that's something you can't get in a courthouse.
>>
Fuck no. Christ.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.