[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I call the cops on my upstairs neighbor, /adv/? Quick back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1364268361746.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1364268361746.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
Can I call the cops on my upstairs neighbor, /adv/?
Quick back story: I don't know WHAT the fuck is going on in that apartment but this person is CONSTANTLY pacing back and fourth. These apartments are pretty cheap so I expect some squeaking when someone upstairs is moving around but holy fuck this guy is STOMPING all day, sometimes running back and fourth, slamming his closet door, and evidently pushing heavy objects all around his floor directly above my bedroom at absolutely all hours of the day. This isn't an exaggeration. Literally noise all day and all night and I haven't slept in weeks. I don't know when the fuck this guy sleeps or even sits down. It's goddamn bananas and I can't even make up for my sleep loss with naps during the day because he's active then too. I've tried tapping the ceiling with a broom stick handle to get him to be more aware of the disturbance he's causing but instead of trying to be more careful, the guy takes HIS broom and jams it into the ground twice as loud in reply and then starts blasting his television and continues stomping around and slamming cabinets and shit.
I don't know what else to do. I've contacted my landlord but I'm not sure if he's going to do anything. He's this fresh off the boat chinese dude so I'm not sure he understand what's happening. Not only that, but with him, whenever he DOES understand, it takes him forever to fix the problem. (took him two months to get the handy man to fix my oven).
I'm vaguely afraid of going upstairs myself to ask the neighbor in person what his fucking problem is because I'm a small woman with a low raspy voice and a tendency to fling spaghetti at high velocity.
So if this bullshit keeps going on tonight past 11pm, can I reasonably file a noise complaint with the cops?
>>
In a situation like this, police should be considered a last resort. He probably doesn't even know how much it's bothering you. Don't make unnecessary trouble for your neighbor just because of your own social awkwardness. That's much worse behavior than walking on your own floor, even if it's late at night.

If you really don't want to knock on his door, introduce yourself, and talk to him, then you should slip a note under his door. If that doesn't work, call your landlord. But police should only be brought in if he's being truly unreasonable, and you haven't even tried reason yet
>>
>>16610768
>>16610807
>>
>>16611069
The shitposting is real!
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.