[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dancing at Parties
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: GOKGhx4.jpg (45 KB, 700x489) Image search: [Google]
GOKGhx4.jpg
45 KB, 700x489
I want to stop being that person who sits around while everyone dances. At the moment, I have very little idea of what I'm doing. What should I know and what should I learn? Should I conform or try to be original?

Is learning to c-walk a bad idea?
>>
>>16570776

>should i try to be original

no. dancing isn't like art. not in this sense. its just people wiggling around socially. i just kinda turn from one shoulder to the next and sway my hips. honestly unless you do outrageous stuff (especially with hands) no one will even notice you. people dont go to these things to look at people dance and make fun of em. im an extremely self conscious person but on the dance floor i feel fine (despite sucking) cuz theres no real good or bad to it. plus everyones drunk so its not like they'd notice if they did.
>>
Do this and you will be the life of the party

http://youtu.be/3cqDXlfASMM
>>
>>16570776
Gangstas don't dance.
>>
>>16570776

Don't try too hard, don't learn elaborate moves or anything. Just focus on the music, and you just kind of sway and step a bit to the music.

I used to be exactly like you, but it really isn't a big deal once you just force yourself to get out there and do it. Like anything else, the first few times will be awkward, but I actually think it's pretty fun now. There's not much too it. If you seem like you're comfortable and having fun, everyone says you're a "good dancer."
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x7bMzDPDbs

I have yet to try this at parties but I'd be curious to see how it goes
>>
>>16570875
The logic checks out.
>>
>>16570776
Piggyback question: what about one-on-one dancing with a stranger of the opposite sex?
>>
>>16570875
Idk why but I cracked the fuck up when the good dancer came one hahaha
>>
>>16570784
>240p
is this seriously the best quality you can find of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX7gFl7xnOE
>>
Sorry bro but crip walking is dead, try cutting shapes, or just pop a few gooks and let the M.D do its job. ;)
>>
File: hill.jpg (2 KB, 56x124) Image search: [Google]
hill.jpg
2 KB, 56x124
>Is learning to c-walk a bad idea?
learning is never a bad idea but i'd start with something subtle

whatch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz7eCfNUBwk
yes it's ment to be funny but the moves are real, just highly exhagerated.

just pay attention to the kick and synchronise your movements with that, disregard all other instruments untill you've got that trough.
common white folks problem: trying to dance to all instruments at once!
also have fun and people will assume you either know what you're doing or are confident enough to just have fun without being bothered by what people think.
>>
>>16571950
>common white folks problem: trying to dance to all instruments at once!
You get me. At the start, I instinctly tried to dance to all percussion hits (if it isn't just four evenly spaced kicks or a constant kick-snare beat, I look spastic) or even the melody.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.