[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
90% sure I have mono, what am I in for guys? This is day 4 or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
90% sure I have mono, what am I in for guys? This is day 4 or 5. Symptoms include swollen neck glands, cold sweats/sensitive to temperature, scratchy painful throat, abdominal pain, head ache and fatigue. Also feel free to share your own personal mono stories
>>
Just go to your audio settings and turn it to stereo
>>
>>17358984
kek. but no seriously what the fuck is "mono"?
>>
OP, I'm not lying when I say this. Mono can get pretty serious if left untreated. Go to the doctor immediately. I'm not saying it will kill you, but when I was in highschool I was out of commission for months due to mono.

And even after it was out of my body, I didn't fully recover from the fatigue for about a year. (It's because my parents didn't take me to the doctor until weeks in. I was at school and I passed out in the hall.)
>>
>>17359060
This is fairly true. Mono effects everyone differently but you need to go to the doctor and get some steroids for your throat. Honestly it was awful for me, like a severe strep throat but I went to the doc and was fine after a few days.
Anon is right about the fatigue though, Hoy fuck knocks you out. Even with treatment it took a year for me not to feel as if I still slightly had mono.
>>
>>17359060
I heard you just have to wait it out.
>>17359077
What did they prescribe to you, do you remember?
>>
>>17359150
yes you have to wait it out, but you also have to get it treated. the reason they say "wait it out" is not because it gets better on its own. it doesn't. they say that because even with treatment, you can expect to feel like complete horseshit for at least a month or two. and like other anons said, even after you're pretty much recovered from it, you might still feel vaguely tired and out of sorts for several months afterwards.

basically you are going to be laid up for a while, and you will not feel like doing anything. you will be sleeping a lot, or super tired and wishing you could sleep. there may be large amounts of mucus. I remember going through tons of kleenex and constantly blowing out giant yellow wads of mucus.

here's what I'd do: go to the doc, get meds. while you're at the store getting your prescription, get some groceries. don't get a bunch of sugary stuff because sugar is bad for your immune system, but you can get some fruit and some juice. get some food that's easy to prepare. normally I don't advocate eating a bunch of stuff like pizzas or tv dinners, but if you don't have someone around to cook for you, you should get a few of those for when you're too wiped out to cook. maybe some low sodium canned soup or chili. broth is also great when you're sick, it's hydrating and more filling than just water.

get someone to check up on you every few days to see if you need anything. I was lucky enough to be living at home when I had it, so I had home cooked food every day. IMO if you can get someone to bring you home cooked meals a couple times a week, you might get better a little faster than eating convenience food. but regardless, your main goals are
>get meds
>get tons of rest
>do not let yourself get dehydrated, you can actually get seriously ill from dehydration if you're sleeping a lot and running a fever and not getting up to drink water

good luck OP, wishing you a speedy recovery
>>
>>17359262
Anon coming in clutch, thanks senpai
I'm actually at the doctors office now to get a "professional" opinion, I'm curious to see what he thinks. He's a faggot but whatever
>>
Turns out I have strep.
Today is the worst day so far, holy shit...
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.