[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I trust /fa/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-04.png (74 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-04.png
74 KB, 412x351
I go on there right before I am about to buy something online to see what others think, but every time there is mixed/mostly negative reactions. Is /fa/ full of shit or am I shit?
>inb4 "Stop caring about what others think about what you wear"
Then tell me instead how to eliminate my superego.
>>
>>17348325
>Then tell me instead how to eliminate my superego.

Consciously put yourself in situations you know will provoke shame. Observe your reactions, follow them back, connect them to historical events in your life to gain a better understanding of what makes you feel shame and then lean into discomfort. Do the things that scare you, analyze why they scare you, and take away the power of anxiety by challenging it.
>>
What r u thinking about buying? Show me
>>
>>17348340
Really into space. Not trying to be cool but I think I have an overdeveloped superego probably because I was raised by my heavily Russian-cultured mom in Louisiana. Never really fit in with American culture so I generated a strange fixation with going to/living in space.
I just want to be happy with what I wear but I feel like everyone always watches.
>>
>>17348359
OP cont...

Literally all of them recommend stuff that looks like it came out of a Kanye fashion line meme and I can't even force myself to think that its my kind of stuff.

I just can't tell who is wrong.
>>
>>17348372
>I just can't tell who is wrong.
Nobody, its subjective.
>>
>graphic tee
Are you a little boy?
>>
Just fucking wear it. No-one will care.
>>
>>17348359
I'm into space too. Looks neat. Buy it
>>
>>17348325
>>inb4 "Stop caring about what others think about what you wear"
Please care about what others think about what you wear.
Else, why would you buy new clothes?
You can simply wear the shitty clothes you wore for years, they work just fine as a shirt.

Also, remember, different group of people prefer different attires.
Don't expect to get a "universal" attire that can please everyone.
>>
don't listen to /fa/ggots, half of them are closet gays. /r/mfa is much better since they're more casual and open (inb4 leddit)
>>
>>17348380
Thats not how society works. Everyone wants to be different subconsciously but at the same time subconsciously wants to conform.

Society therefore has unwritten social norms and as I said before I have no idea what these are due to being raised by my Russian mother in America.

>>17348390
I wish it was that easy
>>
>>17348325

I think that the shirt looks fine enough. It's a little busy for my liking,and not my personal style,but do what you want. You're the one buying/wearing it. If I were you, I'd make sure to wear dark blue jeans with that shirt since it would be a focal point in the outfit. Bright colors/ too much going on (like pockets or crazy jackets) would just make it a mess.

Also keep in consideration your build and how clothes fit you. A graphic tee that is a little loose,but still fitted seems to work for me.
>>
>>17348359
That shirt is dope. You said it yourself in the "inb4" disclaimer. There is 0 reason to care what anyone thinks. It's not like the shirt you want to buy is some anime character sucking a cartoon penis. You're good bro.
>>
File: DudeDog.jpg (108 KB, 640x630) Image search: [Google]
DudeDog.jpg
108 KB, 640x630
>>17348325
You're probably overthinking it. I think that your goal in picking your outfits is to wear something that will make you comfortable, and wear something that will appeal to others for whatever reason. Maybe you want to look professional, attractive, interesting, etc.

Just try to consider what audience you're wearing the clothes for, and just find things that will appeal to that audience. If you're not sure, ask. I.e. find female friends and ask them what they think of the stuff you want. (inb4 > 4chan > female friends)

If you don't care about your audience, then literally wear whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>17348359
the shirts alright

buy whatever and wear whatever you want op, none of us can stop you
>>
>>17348325
who the fuck cares what some people on 4chan say

if you think the rest of the world thinks like 4chan then i got bad news for you bud
>>
>>17348359
That's not too bad for casual wearing
>>
This is how I think I see it

So we all know that people subconsciously label others at first impression. Now I'm not against labeling, it's just that all my life I've been misinterpreted and I feel like people will get the wrong idea if I wear what I like. I don't want to try to impress everyone else but I just feel like everyone is going to avoid me and I will miss very good opportunities to meet new people just because I was wearing something outside of what I normally see.

And I can't just think to myself "no one cares" because I know people do. And I know people can't help it. If you saw someone in a trench coat and fedora, you'd naturally think they are just an edgelord. That's okay because I would think that too. Its just that people are inherently assholes down here and I feel that if I wear this t-shirt or feel remotely happy/comfortable, I will be the weird one.
>>
>>17348403
mfa is literally some 5'6 chubby niggas that just saw a QA or any other mens magazine
it's like their first time discovering that aesthetics exist
the reason /fa/ may seem bad is because it's a board to discuss fashion rather than give scrubs a fucking makeover

sure you can grab some tech on how to dress, but it's not what the board strives to
>>
>>17348325
>Then tell me instead how to eliminate my superego.

I'd actually advise you to look into this either way. "Caring about what others think of you", is a evolution-based social mechanic, which isn't all that needed anymore in modern society.

waitbutwhy dot com has a good article on it;
"Taming the Mammoth: Why You Should Stop Caring What Other People Think"
>>
>>17348403
They are fat.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.