[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get my parents to leave me alone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: CANT WAIT.gif (967 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
CANT WAIT.gif
967 KB, 400x302
Alright /adv/, hear me out and try to hold judgement to the end.

So I'm 22, and I still live with my family. I was probably like a lot of people on here in the sense that after high school I went to community college, flunked out because I didn't give a shit, and just worked a shitty part time job. I'm also like a lot of people in the sense that I smoke weed.

It probably sounds like I'm just an amotivational stoner, but it's not true. In reality, I was horribly depressed and really self-destructive. I simply wasn't the same person I am now. And I say that because I've taken steps to improve myself over the last year, all while being high. Going back to school and getting decent grades, working out a lot more to keep myself fit, pursuing hobbies. I honest to God do my best in school with a slight buzz going on.

My problem is, my parents constantly gaslight me. They want me to believe I'm just some stoner that will never amount to anything and that I'm the worst-off 22 year old on Earth, but I know that's not true. I've made mistakes, but I've come around a lot in the last year or so. And now I'm planning to go away for school. Is there anything I can do to get my parents to leave me alone? Or am I better off just trying to endure it until the end of summer, going off to college and keeping contact to an absolute minimum?
>>
>Won't anyone else believe that I'm going to flunk out in a year and move back in with $12K of debt?

Nope.
>>
>>17319719
>going off to college and keeping contact to an absolute minimum?
This.

You sound like you've learned from your past experience, and honestly dude, that is all we can do as people. I am working on a JD now and I smoke whenever I feel like smoking, and yo, it helps me stay focused.

Go pursue your own happiness and don't worry about what conforming to someone else's worldview on how you should be going about YOUR life.

Bravo, you're back in school and doing good. Glad to hear. Fuck the haters, bro, all of them, parents included.
>>
>>17319732
I don't believe that I'm going to flunk out in a year and move back in with $12k of debt, either. I'm not sure what this post meant.
>>
>I handle my depression by taking a depressant
>>
>>17319740
Yeah. This is all I can do, I guess. Because even though I'm steadfast in how I'd like to live my life, my parents have ALWAYS had a problem with me being myself. And not just for smoking weed. I used to want to be a cook and go to school for it and my parents discouraged me RIGHT outta that.

>>17319743
I'm not depressed anymore. Or if I am, it's not like where I used to dread waking up and think I couldn't do anything to improve my life.
>>
>>17319757
Lol. Tell them you're going to Trump University to get rich quick and make them proud. If they don't like that, then tell them what you're doing now will pay off too.
>>
>>17319776
Haha, I really should.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.