[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TECH/LEGAL FAGS HELP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1464967704317.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1464967704317.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
Okay there's this math tutoring site that requires a subscription to watch their vids.

Is It illegal to download all their vids without permission then cancel your subscription??

I should note that they dont have an option to download their vids, I am using a chrome extension to download them.
>>
>>17305036
Short answer: yes
>>
Yes but no one will ever know. Just don't repost them anywhere
>>
Out of curiosity. What chrome extension? I'm trying to find a good one
>>
>>17305172
its called: vGet Extension (Video Downloader, DLNA)

>>17305169
You dont think they can track whoever downloads them?
>>
>>17305036
Like there aren't literally thousands of math tutorial vids on youtube.

What makes these special
>>
Well, yes. Yes it's illegal. If anyone is seriously going to take the time out of their day to find one guy they have no life. Just do it. No-one is going to find out, nor is anyone going to care.
>>
>>17305036
go ahead and download them, they are not able to find out if someone is downloading their videos. It just appear as if you IP is watching the video, or else every dude who pirate videos would be in jail. Hell even I.

Post the videos online ? If you do it on sites like Mega, they will never find out, Mega does report but only when asked, which is very rare, only on cases of CP.
>>
>>17305240
or better yet, if you are that scared get OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) and record the video from you PC, like taking a screenshot, it will also record the audio from the video too

https://obsproject.com/
>>
>>17305229
>take the time out of their day to find one guy they have no life

thats the thing though, their sub numbers are kinda low, they can actually do this fast and easy
>>
>>17305036

just use khan academy

There's almost no topic through a bachelor's degree in math that they skip. If you find a topic they did skip, let me know so I can put a video up for them and make money.
>>
No it's not illegal, you paid to have access to the videos when they were downloaded.

Just don't re upload them.
>>
>>17305190
Whenever you stream a video it is technically "downloaded" but just temporarily, so no, they can't track it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.