[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Me and my "gf" broke up yesterday. We only went out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Me and my "gf" broke up yesterday. We only went out for about 6 weeks but it still hurts like fuck. She said all the guys that dated her in the past, she felt a connection with them straight away but not with me. She was unsure if i was the one and the right person for her. sounded like she was taking it way too serious. we where still getting to know eachother. i feel really shitty and confused. im just looking for some general advice from people who have been through this. thanks. im pretty socially inept regarding relationships due to lack of experience. every relationship i get in lasts about this long. im 22. she is 23.

One positive is that i had good sex with her, which i havent had before.
>>
No girl knows what she wants before she's 25 and gone through a mountain of mistakes and true asshole bfs. Likewise for u your 22 keep trying till u find someone that really fits with you. Doesn't do any good to hold onto a girl that's not into you.
>>
Eh breaking up can hurt for a little while just pack ur balls up and move on.
>>
You had a fun six weeks. Little investment, got laid, made some nice memories.

Get the fuck over it. Don't waste your time feeling bad about a fling.
>>
It was 6 weeks, stop being a faggot
>>
Given all those connections, she's not with any of them now is she?

She just sounds idealistic and self centered. You didn't lose much, it's just the sting of losing consistency. You know what you like more in a sex partner I guess. Just find a more stable one now
>>
>>17304182
You got pussy whipped, nothing more.

If she is judging you harshly because she feels no connection like her past failed relationships, that is something she needs to work out, not you. Find a rebound lay, and the quicker the better so you aren't prolonging whatever it is you're experiencing. Plus, it happened yesterday, you were just getting used to a routine and that is basically all you're missing right now.
>>
right fellas. op here.

>>17304194
im not really holding onto her, or at least im trying to get over her. i just feel shitty, and i thought her reason for ending it was bs. thanks for the advice though, i dont really know what i want and i think it is the same for her.

>>17304220
i think i did get pussy whipped desu., but i thought it was going somewhere.

>Plus, it happened yesterday, you were just getting used to a routine and that is basically all you're missing right now.

thanks, i think i needed to hear that.

If she is judging you harshly because she feels no connection like her past failed relationships, that is something she needs to work out, not you.

i told her the whole "meh, no connection" was bull shit as her past relationships didnt even work out. she kind of avoided it and said her past partners where abusive and that is why she left them or circumstances changed.

i should be over it in a few days lads, i just need to get used to not being in the routine of talking to her. i still think her reasoning for ending it with me was pretty autistic though.
>>
>>17304205
I AGREE
>>
>>17304182
i think you'll understand her position the more you date. sometimes people just don't click together.

i was in your gf's position with a guy i was dating for 8 months. it was too long desu, but i held out just in case he'd grow on me; after all, he was very attractive, had his shit together, we shared the same hobbies/interests, etc. he was technically the "perfect fit" for me. he did grow on me a little, but ultimately, not enough for me to want to stick around. if i had to analyze that now, it's just the way he expresses his love that i guess wasn't compatible with me. he was kind of stoic but never serious either; he didn't seem like he knew how to express his feelings in a sincere way. as a result, i couldn't really trust him with my feelings either.

my current bf and i are total opposites, but we are just madly in love with each other. been a year now and we're still just as in love as before, maybe more. he's totally not afraid to look vulnerable and express how much he loves me with his words, touch, and gaze. there was something about him i immediately trusted because he was so open and optimistic about me. we have like this mutual unspoken agreement about texting each other as much as we like and never get bored of each other's attention.

it's different for everyone but that's my experience
>>
>>17304182
Why is she trying to find a "connection" like she had with other guys when none of those guys even worked out? She needs to get her nose out of her fairy tales and grow up.
>>
>>17304182
she sounds hot and you sound ugly. RIP
>>
>>17304264
thanks for the reply. i get what you mean, but as i said, we where talking/seeing eachother for 6 weeks. we barely knew eachother. i thought it was a bit too soon for her to act the way she did. especially bringing up about whether i am the one. i could understand more if it was about 3 months down the line. also, we never even spent that much time physically together because she was always working. most of those 6 weeks consisted of texting, and you cant even know someone through that. i apreciate your advice though, and i will take what you said into consideration.
>>
>>17304182
You say she's taking it too seriously, yet you're the one crying. You are cringy and totally have no idea how to relationship.

6 weeks is a long fucking time. Most people don't even get a second date. This girl gave you so many chances and you're too inept to understand anything. Trust me, you had plenty of chances to prove you're worthy. She finally gave up.

Do yourself a favor and reexamine yourself. It's not her, and it's not them. It's you. Improve yourself physically, emotionally, and socially before you try again.
>>
>>17304360

according to her though, i was great, she just didnt feel a connection with me. if i did do something to fuck it up, im completely unaware and she has deterred me from considering i done something wrong because she was all like "you're great, i just dont feel a connection, you didnt do anything wrong, its me". i was the one that had to initiate everything in the relationship, including conversations. i done deny that i may need to improve myself but if i do, then she definitely does. sounds like you are just white knighting desu.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.