[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I kinda realized that I achieved the only goal I was living
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1464446162576.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1799) Image search: [Google]
1464446162576.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1799
So I kinda realized that I achieved the only goal I was living towards. Something that my dying mother wanted me to achieve and I did it. And now it all kinda feels empty and I realize that I have nothing really worth living for.

Anyone else have a feeling like that? You achieved your life's goal and are/were left with emptiness? How did you deal with it?
>>
What was the achievement?

I have had a lot of people close to me die, I understand how it can make everything seem like a struggle. Depression will cause you to isolate yourself from others, always be aware of that.

Make small positive changes in your life and keep pushing forward, this mentality leads to relief, I have seen what happens when you do nothing or worse self medicate, I am going to a memorial service next week for a friend who saw hanging himself as the only solution.
>>
>>17303538
Find yourself a new dream and if it's too easy, just make an unachievable one like "I wanna be the very best like no one ever was" or "I want to help others for the rest of my life in a way that makes me happy" or some shit like that.
>>
>>17303538
I have nothing to contribute but i'm curious about the achievement.
>>
>>17303556
Me and my mother come from a fairly poor country. So her only dream was for me to get a university degree. So I just kinda kept going through life to fulfill that wish. And now I did.

I do try to keep pushing forward. I've started sending out job applications, even had a few talks and I might even get hired for a decent job. But at the end of the day, it just feels empty, y'know?

Like, I know I'll have money and better social life. I'll be able to finally afford all the stupid shit I ever wanted in my life... but it just doesn't feel like anything at the end of the day.

I'm seeing a therapist and taking anti-depressants, btw.
>>
>>17303579
Be careful with antidepressants, try to keep your dosage as low as possible, and make sure your therapist is only using them as a tool to help you get through the time being, they are not a long term solution.

Best of luck and congratulations on completing your degree.
>>
>>17303579
Looks like you missed the things people would want to strive since you were focused on that wish.
The only option i can think of is to live your life and hope for something to appear.
Shit advice but that's what i got.
>>
>>17303587
Yeah, I've been mostly using them to keep my mood swings in check. There was a period where I stopped, but it didn't end well. Hopefully once I get a job and my life stabilizes, I will be able to function without them.

Thank you.

>>17303595
Better than nothing. Thanks.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.