[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want to Learn Mandarin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1465856360228.jpg (119 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1465856360228.jpg
119 KB, 800x1000
I'm looking to learn mandarin, but I'm not sure where to start. any suggestions?
>>
Eat some oranges
>>
I'm studying Japanese and I want to kill myself because of having to memorize kanji. But if you're a masochist then I guess you should learn it, just look up some guide online. My tip is to use Anki for memorization, much more efficient than any other method IMO.
>>
>>
>>17284075
Community college. Super easy. You'd be fucked if you wanted to learn Cantonese, but Mandarin is everywhere. You could even "download" Rosetta Stone for it. There are also quite a few youtube videos. Practice speaking out loud, and if you can, get someone who speaks the language fluently/natively to help correct your pronunciation.

>>17284098
I've found that practicing handwriting helped me the most, but I should try that Anki thing. Never heard of it before!
>>
>>17284075
Don't fucking do it, it's the worst language you can learn if you want a language related job. Every fucking chink industry is a scammer piece of shit and you won't be able to do anything with it because their gov is fucked up, dealing with mexican narcos and trying to convince them to stop is easier I assure you.
>>
>>17284075
Go to a university and take classes there. Almost all universities should be offering Chinese class, which is 100% going to be teaching you Mandarin because Mandarin is the main dialect.

>>17284296
I hate Chinese people. Chinese people are scum.

>>17284098
I learned both Japanese and Chinese, and I find Japanese to be the easier language. Though learning new characters really isnt that bad.
>>
I have been learning Mandarin for 3 years now, I know enough that I could handle myself if I lived in China. I have a teacher and it's been my third year when I've learnt a lot more because I've had 2 extra classes a week. I can't stress enough how essential regular practice is, especially for a language like Mandadin. I would reccomend you get a teacher to get you started. If in the future you want to rely on textbooks, reading and immersing yourself into the culture, that's up to you.
>>
Don't learn it.

Trust me you will thank me later for it.
>>
As a Chinese person, I want to ask.... why
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.