[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just found out one of my friends raped another one of my friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1466480063253.jpg (12 KB, 255x215) Image search: [Google]
1466480063253.jpg
12 KB, 255x215
I just found out one of my friends raped another one of my friends a few years ago. I found out that they dated after I became friends with them both and that the rapist did something really fucking bad and hates himself now but I never put two and two together until I heard the victim talking about her rapist one time and then it clicked. She knows I talk to this guy and has said not to worry about it when it got brought up one time but I didn't even know rape happened until just now. She could have just been saying that not to cause friction or cause she might have felt scared. What the fuck should I do if anything?
>>
>>17276771
Don't do anything. It's none of your business and the ship has been sailing smoothly before you found out what happened and now it's not your place to start rocking the boat.
>>
>>17276778
It just feels really fucking awkward whenever I'm near or talk to either of them. How do i get over that?
>>
>>17276771
Very slowly back out of the friendship with the guy.
>>
>>17276784
You may not be able to get over it, but don't take it out on them or talk to them about it. They're probably on thin ice with how they've come to terms with it or allowed themselves to know peace. Don't touch the card castle.

As for you, either realize that nothing has truly changed and that these are the same people you knew prior to this knew knowledge you gained and that you have the same relationship with them you've always had, or distance yourself from them because you can't forget what you now know.
>>
>>17276805
prior to this new knowledge*
>>
>>17276805
Okay, that's understandable. This is a normal reaction to learning something like that right?

>>17276785
It's not exactly that simple. He's not really that bad of a person anymore and he shows a massive amount of remorse for his actions
>>
>>17276894
>Okay, that's understandable. This is a normal reaction to learning something like that right?
Surprise and discomfort? Well, sure it's a normal reaction. It's something you weren't expecting to learn about people you were very familiar with. It's like a kid learning he was adopted.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.