[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I can cheer myself up, /adv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 1396223021978.png (189 KB, 770x337) Image search: [Google]
1396223021978.png
189 KB, 770x337
I'm 26 and I haven't had a boyfriend in my entire life. This year I met a boy at my new job, and even though I don't talk to him, I have a crush on him, but being the stalker I am, I discovered recently he has a girlfriend, and well, my heart broke a little. But I feel really bad, because I feel like no one will like me ever. I always think it's because I'm fat and ugly, ultil I see uglier and fatter girls having nice boyfriends. On top of that, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I gained weight so I feel terrible with my image. I don't dare to sign in dating sites like tinder or similar because I'm pretty insecure with myself and I'm afraid to get laughed at. I'm even basically afraid of falling in love. Geez.
>>
The answer and solution is fairly simple; lose weight.
>>
>>17270131
This

But on top of it you also need to put yourself out there. Even if you feel insecure about doing it, you really have nothing to lose and can only benefit from doing online dating, talking to boys you see regularly, etc. Also remember that you're probably being harder on yourself than anybody else will be on you.
>>
There's a new girl at my workplace I find pretty attractive, not exactly fat, just overweight. It looks right on her. Plus she has a super cute face. Why not talk to him?
>>
File: Wine.png (130 KB, 650x551) Image search: [Google]
Wine.png
130 KB, 650x551
Consider older men; they are willing to put up with your flaws to get that young pussy.
>>
>>17270143
He has a girlfriend, man.
>>
>>17270131
>>17270140
>>17270143
>>17270144
Why are you guys seriously responding to another one of these "wahh, the opposite gender isn't attracted to me but I'm not willing to do anything about it" threads?
>>
>>17270140
>>17270131
The sad thing is I was losing tons of weight, but due to that illness I can't lose not even a pound. I still look like a human tho.
>>
>>17270183
Hypothyroidism doesn't make you gain so much weight that you're a disgusting blob. You should be chubby at most, and plenty of guys are fine with that.
>>
>>17270181
I'm the second person on that list, and I was about to tell you that you were making assumptions and were wrong but then I saw >>17270183

So yeah, go fuck yourself OP
>>
>>17270189
Told you. I've been here long enough to know how these threads go. These people don't want a solution to their problem, they want the world to adjust and accept them
>>
>>17270199
Thanks man. I don't except the world to accept me, as we say in spanish, I don't want things to fall from the sky. I did change a lot of things about me in the past despite I used to have a really low self esteem. This hits me now, because it's been like 10 years since I ever liked a guy, not even fallen in love, just liked someone. But you know, I haven't dated anyone, and I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO, but I'm afraid since it's something that haven't happened in my life and I don't know how to start... and well I started to like a boy, and I was thinking about being brave to talk to him little by little, but he has a girlfriend. And I want to cheer myself up, that's all.
>>
>>17270174
That's the thing. I have girlfriend too, but I'm not entirely satisfied in my relationship. Maybe I need an older girl in my life.
>>
>>17270238
Well, that sucks man, why is that? Go for the chubby one.
>>
If you died tomorrow you would wish someone plundered youre snizz atleast once
>>
File: qaw84g.png (39 KB, 238x312) Image search: [Google]
qaw84g.png
39 KB, 238x312
>>17270267
I KNOW RIGHT
>>
>>17270267
>>17270277
If you're dead, how would you wish anything?
>>
OP, definitely don't look for love on Tinder, especially if you're a virgin. They are voulchers, this coming from a pretty faced overweight girl. I mean, you can try but it will be extremely difficult finding any decent guy also looking for love. Most guys are there just for poon.
>>
>>17270331
I did a retard.
vultures*
>>
>>17270126
u sound like u have a shit personality desu
>>
>>17270415
I'm a nice girl, actually.
>>
>>17270126
Id date you. And I'm 21. There's people out there for you don't compromise.
>>
>>17270126
Your problem is clearly yourself esteem.

You should get into shape. Start going to the gym and eating healthy.

Find hobbies or pursue the ones you have more seriously. Become an expert on something.

Unless you see yourself as valuable, no one else will.

Self-esteem and good self image are both important parts of both living and being in a relationship.

If you find a relationship before learning to love and accept yourself, it will certainly not work out.
>>
>>17270777
Can u help me. You seem pretty smart.
>>
>>17270791
Not that guy.

Only you can help you.
The best we can give you is advice.

Most of time you know the answer, you just don't want to deal with it.

If you have hypothyroidism, there's medication for that. Go out and lose some weight. Do it not to attract someone, but for your own health. Your body will thank you for it.
>>
>>17270825
Honestly I don't have the answer and I'm not op. Perhaps you can help me figure it out.
>>
>>17270830
I'll bite. If you're not OP, then what's your question?
>>
You're 26? You sound like a 14-year-old. Try growing up and getting some cock.
>>
Tell us your height and weight, OP?
>>
>>17270833
Well I'm 21, I go to college have a pretty good gpa, I work over time at my job, I live with my sister and we support ourselves, I am fit and alright in the looks department. For some reason, I'm not happy nor feel accomplished, and I don't know why? I really don't.
>>
>>17270850
Shit, anon. Don't worry too much about that feeling. It bothers you because you're focused on it. You're 21. You're young and most people your age are in that same boat. Even if you felt accomplished, it would and could easily change. One's twenties can be drastically diverse. Just keep at it, try different things. Eventually something will stick.
>>
>>17270863
I know what you say is true. I just feel there must be something "more" and I don't know what that is.
What do you mean try different things?
>>
>>17270850
>>17270863
Now for some random shit.
To add to it. I have to take that advice for myself as well. It's partly about perspective too. To others your life seems pretty good, many something to be envious about.

It's something I call "The Empty Canvas". The first step is having a goal, maybe a dream. The penciling of an outline on that canvas. Then you add in paints with brush strokes. Those are your actions and decisions you make.
Sure you'll fuck up once in a while, but those are just part of the painting.
Lastly, the who, who is your going to be your viewer. Always have yourself in mind. Ultimately that's the last person you'll be with when it ends. You should want to look at the painting of you life with a smile.

It's about doing things that make you happy. What you face right now, that's all momentary. In 5 years you'll be someone else. Down to the very cells in your body.

Really the best I can say is to keep moving. The outline is not the colorful part you want, it isn't for anyone. We all want to get to that finished product, but it's all a process.

Fulfilment is what you make of it. Never judge yourself by someone else's standards. Only your's, in the end that's the only person that will walk way with you.
>>
If you post a voice sample and a question, I'll read your cards or scry for you. My readings usually cheer people up.

What I need is 30 to 40 seconds minimum (more is better, of course) of freely spoken (nothing prepared or recited) conversational (like you're talking to someone) speech.

If your native language isn't English, please include something in your native language.
>I think you mentioned you speak Spanish; I'm fluent, so you can do the whole thing in Spanish
>>
>>17270868
It's somewhat of a meme. Really, it's that you evaluate your life and see what you are doing, it could be that you feel it's all stagnating.
That "more", I wish I could solve that for you. It's different for every one. For some it's material. Money, power, control. For others it could seeing that they impact other's lives. Volunteering, employment that deals with people directly.
The meme of trying new things is pretty much you doing things until you find what makes you feel good. Which is not really easy. Ever.

Like I said, you're young. What you feel is normal for the majority of people, especially around this age range. It's only been a few years since you left the programming and safety of school. Having pretty much full control of your life is somewhat scary.

The best you can do is to keep striving to improve yourself in ways you find satisfactory. Risk by trying something new, pick up a class on a new subject. Learn an instrument.

It's all shit in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>17270884
That's great advice anon. Everything you said I mostly do. But I feel everything is still in the air right now in my life. Unsure of tomorrow and probable failures of the future. That I missed my train to be great force in the world. I want to "be" someone anon. Not just some nobody in the world.
>>
>>17270901
Your absolutely correct and I see exactly what your saying. In reality, I see the average day person life as a meme. Seems to me that most people live thier lives in a small scale rather than dreaming big about thier lives. Perhaps, that may be "more" I'm pontificating to. I don't want to be some ordinary person in my age. I want to do or be something great and I don't know where to start or begin. Like you said, this could be different for everyone. I believe you have an adequate answer of trying new things but I don't know what those new things are. What should I be trying?
>>
>>17270904
You will fail. Never forget that, like death it will happen. It's about accepting it. Death will come, failure is part of the success formula.
Taste, failure is nothing more than the enhancer of the flavor we call success.

As for the future. It's always foggy. Always. You will always feel uncertainty. Always. Like climbing a mountain, if you stare at the peak the entire time, you're bound to trip, bound to psych yourself out.
You can also walk up backwards. Looking at how much of the mountain you have climbed already. The little victories you have earned. Alas, do this for too long and you'll be surprised when you slip on a rock, or you might even feel over happy with what you have accomplished and just stop climbing.

You need to look forward and backward.
Look at what you done, and what's left to do.
>>
>>17270929
I agree wholeheartedly. I just knew what I'm doing is the right thing to get me to my goal in life. Nobody can be sure of thier future. All they can do is strive for thier dreams and hope it works out. I
don't know why I'm unhappy, but that's not going to stop me. All I wish though is that I was happy.
>>
>>17270921
As for the new things. This is very hard for me to answer without being you.
It could anything, maybe taking a semester/year off. Or, knocking out of those GE requirements and take a music class, and art class. Something you haven't really tried before. Join a club at the Uni.

There's no clear cut answer to this.
Add new colors to your pallet.

And this will be hard as you go to class and work. So something might give.

Could always do what I did, I bought a trumpet for no reason. Then I took a brass class for my music requirement and now I just practice for fun. At work, I work as a night security guard, I ended up just looking at the sky with some binoculars.
Will my actions and decisions impact the world? Likely not, but it's nice to do something not many will do or try to do.

Fuck, I'm 27 and I still feel that feeling you have. It's just about impacting yourself first, then those around you.
>>17270952
Once again. I know that desire. To be happy. That's just life I guess. A fickle bitch, life is. Sometimes it gives us what we want, but not what we need. Gives us what we need, but not what we want. Rarely does it gives us both, and it will usually give us neither. That when we have find it ourselves.

Happiness, that's something we all want, sadly many of us go without.

Still, I think you'll be alright. You have the right mindset. Keep moving because you want to find happiness, it won't come to you if you just stand still.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.