[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Entry Level Job Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Well...It'sNotFalse.jpg (180 KB, 1280x841) Image search: [Google]
Well...It'sNotFalse.jpg
180 KB, 1280x841
>Be me
>Just graduated HS, about to start college after this summer
>Taking a class from 5:30-7:30 on M/W/F
>Interested in finding a job before I enter Uni
>All I can find is generic retail jobs like Albertsons, Target, etc...
>Don't really have a resume (my resume right now is geared towards college admissions, but that process is over now)

I'm kind of lost in trying to find a job... I'm interested in getting any job whatsoever, but I'd appreciate getting a job closer to what I want to do in college (like Electronics/Software) that's still entry level... Any suggestions?
>>
'Generic retail jobs' are more likely to fit around your uni work, plus they'd give you more of an opportunity to expand your skillset than something that's more related to what you're studying. And if you want/need a job, you can't really afford to be picky
>>
>>17246020
Alright... Thank you.

Aside from the usual Target, Albertsons, Safeway, do you know of any retail chains where I could apply for a job? (I just finished applying for Target and Albertsons)
>>
>>17246039
Not really, considering I'm not from the US
>>
>>17246044
That's fine... Your help is very much appreciated, though! Thanks again!
>>
Additional question... Some forms are asking me "Current or Past Employment" and I've never had any... Should I leave these blank?
>>
>>17246039
Trader Joes is the best retail job I've ever worked. If there's one in your area go for it.
>>
>>17246724
Just write 'none'. It's best if you do have some sort of experience though - did you ever babysit or mow lawns for people or something?
>>
>>17246724
I would if I were you. That's exactly what I did when I had no experience and ended up getting called back for interviews.
>>
>>17246039
Apply to some electronics stores like Fry's or Best Buy (if you have any near you).
>>
>>17246014
I give this advice alot. If you don't have experiance, then make some for yourself. Anybody with an Internet connection can do this.

Learn Microsoft office front to back
Learn quickbooks for business
Build a computer
Create a youtube channel and communitate with your audiance
Start a Facebook page and twitter account for said channel.
Set yourself up with a video production time line each week..keep to it.

Congrats. You just started your own independent business. You now have the following resume fluffed

Project management
Community manager
Social media coordinator
Office management logistic support
Video production and editing

Don't rely on traditional jobs to prove you can do something. Do it. Generate proof. Then use it to your advantage
>>
>>17246836
I feel like you're underestimating how much work a Youtube channel is, and overestimating how easy it is to make a successful Youtube channel.
>>
I like my job at petsmart. I work in petcare, and i basically just clean up the animal cages and shit, help customers with buying fish and other animals.

i used to work at costco, and i liked that job alot too. pay is great there, well above minimum wage, and they treat you well. i was a stocker, which i liked, but waking up at 3am was rough. I also did some front end stuff, basically the assistant to the cashier, the guy packing all the groceries. I liked that job alot because i was really good at packing, it was like playing tetris.

if there is an elementary/middle school around, apply to be a custodian. i volunteered for a few months doing that, liked it as well. it's not cleaning up puke and shit, its mostly repair work and keeping the school running smoothly.

Petsmart, Sprouts, Trader Joes, Costco. All what I would consider top tier retail jobs, sprouts being on the lower end, in my area it's nice because of the type of people that go there.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.