[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The psychiatric healthcare system is driving me to suicide.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (555 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
555 KB, 1080x1920
The psychiatric healthcare system is driving me to suicide.

How do I cope with stress caused by the people who were supposed to be there to HELP? What can I do that they won't decide is another symptom of mental illness?
>>
>>17234974
I'm sorry to hear that you're hurting, but I don't understand. What about your mental health care is causing you so much stress?
>>
>>17234974
You're talking about the lack of cheaper health care packages not bundling mental care in the plan aren't you? That's part of my problem too.

>Need to see therapist
>Can't afford out-of-pocket because health insurance cost
>Can't afford to drop insurance and pay for therapy because I'm not exempt from the tax penalty of not having health care
>Problems that have been stemming since childhood catch up to me more and more each day
>>
>>17235150
They aknowledge that I am transsexual, but won't treat me because I am too stressed by not being treated. I don't know if they are stupid or evil.
>>
>>17235307
>I don't know if they are stupid or evil
Neither
I'm not a psychiatrist, but I imagine it's because the treatment itself can cause stress with the changes, and they don't want to treat you at such a high baseline of stress
>medfag
>>
>>17235335
Then how will I ever be treated if not being treated gives me so much grief I can't breathe at times?

Are they really just playing time, postponing my treatments two or three months at a time, waiting for me to get sick of it and kill myself? Is a patient's death while withholding treatment easier paperwork than a patient suicide in treatment? Are they legally responsible at all regardless? Why torture me?
>>
>>17235345
Just check in to a mental hospital and not pay the bill for a few months dumb tranny
>>
>>17235345
You've got anxiety issues that need to be dealt with first by the sound of it

And none of those. Doctors have zero interest in making a patient suffer
Please distinguish that from them simply not giving you what you want

They are doctors, not technicians
>>
>>17235345
Well, studies shown that sex change make some people suicidal. I guess your high stress levels make them think that you are one of the people that will likely be suicidal. And to be honest you sound like that. I understand that you may feel that you should have different sex but having one you were born in shouldn't make you so stressed as to be suicidal if only you have to wait a little longer. If you can't wait another year for sex change you are treating it like a "cure-all-problems" panaceum, which it won't be, you will get dissapointed and regardless to the fact whtether you will regret it or not you will feel empty, without any further options (since you put such an emphasis on sex change) that you may as well make suicide. They are trying to get you more stable, able to deal with stress in your curent situation.

My advice would be to chill out. You need to show them that you can cope with reality and you treat your treatment as a way of enchancing your life NOT dealing with your problems. You should be able to live comfortable for a year minimum.
>>
>>17234974
A second opinion from a different doctor.
>>
I don't think you just walk in to sex resignment, it takes a lot of profiling and tests
>>
>>17235363
What do they want to hear? What do I tell them?
>>
>>17235449
They want to hear that you are otherwise pretty healthy individual who likes to live but think that changing his sex would make his life better. They want to hear that you can cope with stress and know, have good ways to deal with stressful situations. That you have friends and hobbies. That you like things like books, movies, sports and do them regulary and when you are stressed and they help you. They want to learn that you know full well that treatment will be long and hard and may not give perfect results.

They DON'T want to hear that:
- you are suicidal
- you have tons of problems
- you will kill yourself if you wont get treatment
- treatment is only thing that will make things better
- you are delusional enough to belive that your treatment will make all the things best in the world

Having said all of it, I belive gender dysphoria to be bullshit illness caused by deep problems, events in your life. You are not responsible for the way you were broken, but changing your sex won't help it is symptom not the cause. Have a nice day and if you decide to do it, don't fuck some stranger life, mkay?
>>
>>17235510
Fuck, I already told them I cut myself. Nobody had told me telling the truth would be punished.

How do I undo the damage?
>>
>>17235552
I would say that your best shot. Would be to start acting composed and tell them that thoughts of treatment are bringing peace and calmness into your life. That since you are having option and feeling that it is achievable your life turned for better and that you are eager (in a positive way, like "I want to do that very much, coz it will be lots of great things! Yay!") to do it, but you can wait a bit longer.

>Fuck, I already told them I cut myself. Nobody had told me telling the truth would be punished.
It is not punishment, they are acting in your best interest. Fact that you are cutting yourself, shows that you have deep-rooted problems and I am afraid that your sex isn't main one.
>>
>>17235569
I know but if you have cancer and a toothache at the same time, you'd still want the tooth fixed.

I just want to be able to actually live my own life instead of just waiting for it to start indefinitely forever.
>>
>>17235638
How does it keep you from living?
>>
>>17235638
>I just want to be able to actually live my own life instead of just waiting for it to start indefinitely forever.

This is the reason they screen people like you out. If you are not capable of living your life now, you are not going to be capable of living it during or after your transition. Have you even considered that even with treatment you might not pass, and the stress and pain this would cause you? The difference being that you cannot really de-transition. This is a permanent and very serious change.

As several anons in the thread have already pointed out, you seem to think every problem in your life stems from being the wrong sex, which is a massive red flag that you are not a good candidate for transition and it will likely worsen your quality of life.

Your doctors aren't trying to punish you or cause you pain. You have to accept that they know better than you and are acting with your best interests in mind.
>>
>>17235751
I first tried to get into treatments when I was 14. I fought them for three years, but it was a stressful time in my life otherwise, too, with my parents divorcing, my sister moving out, finishing school, dad dying, etc. In the end I was just too exhausted and gave in to their pressure.

I spent four years trying to live as the wrong sex. It turns out living as the wrong sex feels very bad even if you try to see the disgust and discomfort as normal self-hatred and not dysphoria. I tried to kill myself and broke one poor redneck's heart making all sorts of plans to be a housewife for him and then fighting tooth and nail to be free of him.

All in all, failure is not an option. If I can't get into reassignment, I really will kill myself. If they want me to tell them something else, I'll lie of course, but that is the truth.

I know I won't be perfect, but I can't stomach dating straight men, I can't tolerate sex as I am now. I have nothing to lose. Nothing that wasn't garbage to begin with.

If I am wrong, I don't want to be right.
>>
>>17235784
Your expectations are far too high, and you're going to be severely disappointed. But I don't think you'll realise this until you transition and it doesn't live up to your expectations. Sometimes people have to make their own mistakes, it's just a shame that this is such a huge, life ruining one to make. You're probably going to end up part of the statistic that shows trans people commit suicide at a higher rate post transition.
>>
>>17235821
How are my expectations too high? I want to be able to have sex and to grow a beard. As far as I'm concerned testosterone would enable me to do both.

Straight men make me uncomfortable and I can't find a homosexual partner who would take me as I am. How would being mildly more attractive to the preferred target group make my life drastically worse?
>>
>>17235836
>How are my expectations too high? I want to be able to have sex and to grow a beard. As far as I'm concerned testosterone would enable me to do both.

Because you think being able to do these things will fix everything wrong with your life when it's patently obvious to everyone in this thread and the healthcare professionals treating you that you have other, more severe issues that take precedent and indicate you will not be able to cope with transitioning.

>Straight men make me uncomfortable and I can't find a homosexual partner who would take me as I am. How would being mildly more attractive to the preferred target group make my life drastically worse?

The fact you think that the only solution to not liking straight men is to change your sex is massively worrying.

99.99999999999% of the gay community will not consider you male after you transition. They will consider you a mutilated female. Gay men are probably the group you'll be most discriminated against by. You will not be more attractive, you will be less attractive than a normal woman would be.
>>
>>17235864
I've had issues with gender for as long as I've been aware of the concept of gender. Throwing tantrums about being made to wear dresses and shit. How psychologically fucked could a three-year-old have been?
>>
>>17235971
The more you post the more obvious it is that you've just gotten it into your head that being female is the source of your misery in life and somehow makes you inferior. That if you're female you wont be able to do the things you want, that it's the factor that holds you back. That being female or feminine is somehow bad, disgusting, hateworthy. You don't want to be male, you just want to be Not Female. It's not the same thing.

I know a lot of girls who went through the same thing, including one who tried very, very hard to transition in her teenage years and was denied. Turns out her doctors were right and she now acknowledges that if she were allowed to, it would have absolutely ruined her life.

Hate to pull the oldfag chestnut out because it pissed me the fuck off when I was young, but you're not old enough to know what you really want yet, either.
>>
>>17236035
I'm 22. I've consciously wanted this for eight years and it won't go away.

Besides, women ARE garbage.
>>
>>17236117
>this edge

You have no idea how easy pussy pass makes your life
>>
>>17236117
Called it. Your doctors have noticed the same thing as me and will not let you transition: You just hate yourself because you hate women and you are one. You're not trans. You're a fakeboi.

You can either unlearn this shit and lead a happy life (Protip: It is possible) or you can fuck up your life by mutilating your body.
>>
>>17236181
I'm infertile. I'm literally not worth anything to start with.
>>
>>17235836
>have sex
Hate to break it to you but it is much, MUCH easier to go from a man to a woman than from a woman to a man. You won't be able to have normal sex as a man. You will basically have a giant vestigial clit that you will have to use a pump on to get hard, that 98% of women will not find sexually satisfying.

If you are going to keep your original genitalia, I can't see your sex life improving much either. Instead of looking for a woman who wants a man with a barely functioning micropenis, you would be looking for either some unicorn lesbian that is attracted to 100% biologically male features (beard, deep voice, no breasts etc) but doesn't want a penis. Or a gay man who doesn't want cock (lol).

Who am I kidding though, with just the psychological issues you've revealed in this thread there is no psychologist on earth who would think you are mentally healthy enough for transition. Better start saving up for underground surgery in Thailand, good luck Anon.
>>
>>17236191
Dude. Your worth as a person is not defined by your reproductive capability. Nor is it defined by how other people view you. You can learn to find value in yourself. You don't have to hate yourself.

Don't lie to your doctors. They really can help you if you tell them the truth.
>>
>>17236210
I'm not able to have sex as it is. I have a complete mental block on it, I have to be too drunk to even remember the thing. I can't even masturbate.

I'd be perfectly content just being able to go fuck myself.

>>17236218
Why be dog food if you can be a dog?

I don't WANT to be fixed if that means being female. I'm a good liar, they let me walk out of a mental ward two weeks after trying to off myself. I can tell them what they want to hear.
>>
>>17236246
>I can tell them what they want to hear.

Clearly you can't or you'd be on T by now.

If you continue down the path you're on, you're gonna end up killing yourself.
>>
>>17236318
I don't care.
>>
>>17236191
>>17236117

Christ bro the whole LGBTQPFGHB community thinks that they are all open and non judgemental bout gender and sex but they are the worst. Gay men are incredibly racist, sexist and shallow. Trans people further strengthen shallow attitudes that you can feel like a certain gender all your life but you're not really that gender or happy with yourself until you can LOOK like it.

Not to mention how many "cis scum!" Types there are

Fuck man... your insides don't equal your outsides.

Figure out your problems. A wardrobe change ain't gonna make you happy nigga.

I'm sure I sound like a dick but you really need to think about what everyone says. Do you think looking a different way will fix all your problems? And think about that statement.
>>
>>17236327
Yea you do.

There's not a goddamn angsty confused adolescent out there who can mean this. I'm not trying to be a dick but just cuz you are constantly unhappy and want that to change but can see the means.. well it doesn't mean you don't want to be alive.
>>
>>17236793
>Figure out your problems.
I'm unlovable. I want to be loved.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.