[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was easier in 2006
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
How do I got about using Torrents safely again when Corporate money-starved old geezers have their hands on nearly everything we do?

Im paranoid of every torrent website I find, don't want to get myself in jail or paying a fine or whatever.
What do?
>>
>>17204477
Don't torrent
>>
>>17204510
then how else will I get my programs illicitly?
>>
>>17204518
Normal non torrent download links uploaded on pages like media fire, uploaded and mega.

general files is a good page to search stuff ...
>>
>>17204518
get a job and buy it you fucking bum, if you're too stupid/paranoid to use a vpn or direct downloads then you don't need whatever programs you want.
>>
File: welo.jpg (8 KB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
welo.jpg
8 KB, 300x196
>>17204477
>don't want to get myself in jail or paying a fine or whatever.

honestly does this ever happen? everyone i know in LA torrents shit every day and is too retarded and technologically illiterate to even know what a VPN is and no one has ever gotten a fine or went to jail over it. only time i've heard of that is on 4chan
>>
>>17204662
Some guy at my school got busted. And since a torrent is legally dozens of uploads he was convicted to pay 40 000 € in retribution. He was 16 or 17 at the time. I assume that thing cost him Uni and I assume he still pays it off.
>>
>>17204477
If you don't tell us which country and what type of connection (private, public, work, school) and amount of intended P2P activity, we can't help you.
>>
>>17204662
don't recall hearing of it before either, but it seems the risks are there nowadays. I would just rather be safe than sorry.

>>17205149
poortugal, private connection, and I'm guessing you're asking how often I intend to do it. Every now and then, am currently in need of an adobe program for a project, other than that it's usually music, tv shows, games...
>>
>>17204477
Just stream shit... Problem solved.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.