[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legalities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Alligator lizard baby.jpg (90 KB, 877x650) Image search: [Google]
Alligator lizard baby.jpg
90 KB, 877x650
I want to start hobby breeding (or work with other breeders) alligator lizards to domesticate them and sell them as pets. However, I've been researching for a week now and I cannot, for the life of me, find out where I start this process legally. I can only find small laws on trapping in my state, which doesn't help me.

I don't want to do this under the table style, as this is a hobby that genuinely interests me and I would like to be able to sell the babies legally and somewhat ensure good homes for them, so I need some sort of license.

I also tried asking about this on /an/ but never really got an answer, so I'm asking here now.

Does anyone hobby breed reptiles in general? Or just know of what facilities I would have to get in contact with to do this?
>>
>>17182577
bump
>>
Not sure about the states but in AUS you need a licence to breed and sell pets. This is done through pur department of licensing....
>>
that is a cute lizard
>>
1. You can't domesticate lizards. You can acclimate them to humans, but they are not social animals and you can't domesticate them

2. Start with captive bred individuals for a breeding program. Captive bred reptiles don't have the same parasite load as wild caught and are healthier.

3. Assuming you mean Southern Alligator Lizards, they're not valuable in the pet trade at all, if you can sell the young at all, you'll only get about 10 dollars each. Why this particular type of lizard?

Btw: I breed snakes, and suggest you start similarly. Lizards are a little more finicky.
>>
>>17183079
I meant northern species.

I'm not really breeding for money, I have money.

I want to breed for a few reasons, one of them being I think they would do well in captivity compared to some other lizards. I do really enjoy reptiles, and have always had an interest in these guys since I was very young and used to keep them quite often when I was a teen. The other reason is that I know both family, friends, and acquaintances that capture these guys and keep them as pets because they are hardy and so fun to watch during feeding, while also being somewhat tolerable to holding.

I would like to see them available for sale instead of wildcaught. I feel like that's a better option for both the animal and people instead of taking from the ecosystem around their land.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k68Uz3w3x8
>>
File: huehuehue.jpg (41 KB, 620x423) Image search: [Google]
huehuehue.jpg
41 KB, 620x423
>>17184078
>>
>>17184192
Those things creep me out.
>>
>>17182577
If you think there is a market for those things, then there is an already existing community of collectors.

If there is a community of collectors, then there is an association ("Lizard Lovers of America" or some such).

If there is an association, there is a magazine and/or website.

Ask them.
>>
>op wants to breed lizards and gators
>Somehow goes autism one night and spills chemicals and shit all over babby reptiles
>They mutate and become monsters that kill everyone

Op don't do it, I don't want to die because of someone's auts.
>>
>>17184846
>Gaters

Does no one know how to fucking read or have any critical thinking skills at all?
>>
>>17186034
>Gives me shit about not knowing how to read
>Misquotes one word

K lol
>>
>>17186611
I read that as "Misquitos one word"
>>
>>17187641
>I read that as "Misquitos one word"
So did I when I posted it
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.