[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in a poly relationship, and I live in a 1 bed room apartment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: bananas.jpg (83 KB, 630x484) Image search: [Google]
bananas.jpg
83 KB, 630x484
I'm in a poly relationship, and I live in a 1 bed room apartment with my 2 partners. My land lord is trying to bump our rent and/or kick us out, since our lease states that this apartment is for one family, Do I have any recourse? He's given us an eviction notice, and I really can't afford a bit upgrade right now.
>>
I'll never understand the mentality with being ok in being one of someone's many partners, only Arab princes get a pass I guess since it's a choice between living in absolute luxury or being stoned to death.
>>
Your partners can't chip in?
>>
>>17176963
Of course we all chip in, but we're all poor students, and the place we live in has crazy property values. If we move, it means more loans and bigger debts, and those decisions need to be made at the start of academic years., and this is a sudden thing that is popping up in the middle of a year.
>>
>>17176941
Review your landlord-tenant laws in your area. Pretty sure there are certain things that a lease can not enforce if they go against the law. He may be just trying to squeeze you with no legal basis to do so. You're all college students, grab a Justice major friend and get some feedback on what your rights are. If he has no basis or his eviction notice has no officialty to it, challenge him. Politely, verbally tell him he has no grounds (have excerpts from the law to back you up) and tell him you'll take it to court if you must. If he is within his rights, then find another place or pay up.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/can-i-limit-the-occupants-rental.html

Where I live there is a very poor landlord-tenant relation and my roommate and I have had to do a fair amount of reading and legal threatening to avoid being scalped by slumlords. Usually they just try to rob you of your deposit because they know their tenants are likely young and not knowledgeable enough to defend themselves. Hold them accountable.
>>
>>17176941
"One family" is not a common phrase on leases. Look closely because "no more than X number of persons" is the usual wording.

But start looking around. Even if this went to court and you won, you really do not want to live under a landlord who is mad at you.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.