[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4 years ago I sold weed 3-5 times, I've smoked weed 2 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 480x360
4 years ago I sold weed 3-5 times, I've smoked weed 2 years ago, did coke 3 years ago, shrooms 4 years ago. I have a bachelors in English and have been an EMT for 1.5 years. I'm 27. Is there any possibility of me becoming a police officer?
>>
Also I volunteered at an elderly facility for 6 months.
>>
I think it really depends on where you live and the legislation/policies in place that determine who gets cut in the recruitment/selection process...

I think the real piece of info that determines everything is, have you been caught and charged for possession and selling? If so, how long ago?
>>
>>17176684
I live in California. I've never been in trouble with the law. I've gotten one speeding ticket 6 years ago and that's it.
>>
>>17176690
Ok well then you officially didn't sell weed 3-5 times, smoke it or do coke and/or shrooms.

You don't have to volunteer that information. Our last few presidents have admitted openly about doing drugs so with your history you can actually be president.
>>
>>17176700

I was more or less worried about the polygraph test. If they ask me I'd have to be honest.
>>
>>17176705
>polygraph

oh you mean those machines that don't actually work?
>>
>>17176709
So your advice is omission? That's fine. Maybe it will work. I also don't feel guilty about my drug experimentation.
>>
>>17176705
I think they might let it slide depending on how they select individuals... The recruitment process for becoming a cop is pretty lengthy depending on where you live, but I think the background check would be more of a factor than the polygraph test. Would you rather hire the guy connected to gangs or the guy that admitted to doing coke a couple years ago?
>>
>>17176669
po-leese here in rural Texas, the most your gonna make at any agency that doesnt polygraph is around 45-55k. any more than that Its gonna be civil service and or polygraphs. I make 44 +or- 1500 in security work. The biggest factor is either 1. finding an agency that doesn't care what you did because of what you bring to the table (emt certs, high test scores, good oral board and interview) or 2. being a master lair during your interview and fooling them. I don't recommend 2 unless you are extremely skilled or have specialized training in deception. If they even suspect you are a liar its game over.
>>
>>17176669
Yes, as long as you don't lie about your past. Frankly, I'd be suspicious of anyone who swore he never even tried pot.

Don't volunteer information, but answer all questions honestly.
>>
>>17176945
what this anon said. although psychedelics really hinder your process because of mental shit
>>
>>17176724

The guy connected with gangs. He has connections.

Never trust a fucking junkie who does coke.
>>
>>17176669
If you've never been arrested for drug use, of course you can become a cop. But why would you want to? If you're an EMT there are much more valuable paths you can pursue. Ever thought about medical school?

If you really insist on working in law enforcement, I urge you to get a degree in forensics or something, or at least make sure you're on the right path to becoming a detective. I just can't fathom why you would want to go from being an EMT to giving out tickets and breaking up domestic violence
>>
>>17176945
>I'd be suspicious of anyone who swore he never even tried pot

Why?

No, seriously, why?

I won't smoke it since its more pungent than cologne, and I don't smoke or drink either.
>>
>>17176945
>implying everyone has tried pot at least once

There are a multitude of reasons why someone wouldn't smoke pot (or even try it)
>>
>>17177237
>There are a multitude of reasons why someone wouldn't drive a car (or even try it)

>There are a multitude of reasons why someone wouldn't go to college (or even try it)

>There are a multitude of reasons why someone wouldn't own a TV (or even try it)

>There are a multitude of reasons why someone wouldn't get a dog (or even try it)

>There are a multitude of reasons why someone wouldn't have kids (or even try it)

>There are a multitude of reasons why someone wouldn't date (or even try it)

>There are a multitude of reasons why someone wouldn't travel (or even try it)

>There are a multitude of reasons why someone wouldn't have sex (or even try it)

>There are a multitude of reasons why someone wouldn't eat meat (or even try it)

>There are a multitude of reasons why someone wouldn't paint (or even try it)

>There are a multitude of reasons why someone wouldn't play sports (or even try it)
>>
>>17177251
>There are a multitude of reasons why my list of things doesn't include using a controlled substance because literally everybody has to smoke pot at least once dude weed lmao.

Not everybody smokes pot, or smokes at all. Hell, your post pretty much shows how there's a shitload of legal things that receive 0 negative attention whatsoever that STILL not everyone does.
>>
>>17177251

You're either a spastic pothead or completely missed the context of the comment.

>I'd be suspicious of someone who wouldn't drive a car

>I'd be suspicious of someone who wouldn't go to college

>I'd be suspicious of someone who wouldn't own a TV

>I'd be suspicious of someone who wouldn't get a dog

>I'd be suspicious of someone who wouldn't have kids

>I'd be suspicious of someone who wouldn't date

>I'd be suspicious of someone who wouldn't travel

>I'd be suspicious of someone who wouldn't have sex

>I'd be suspicious of someone who wouldn't eat meat

>I'd be suspicious of someone who wouldn't paint

>I'd be suspicious of someone who wouldn't play sports
>>
>>17177263
Not driving is strange. Not going to college makes me question a person's education and intelligence (not that not going to college means someone isn't smart, but they are less likely to be). Not owning pets creates a less positive image than owning them. Not having kids can be damaging for public figures. Not dating or having sex (being asexual or celibate) is genuinely strange, and will turn a lot of people off. Not being involved with sports or the arts is damaging to a person's reputation.

I would rather support someone who smokes pot than someone who doesn't exercise, isn't interested in the arts, is asexual, doesn't travel or have interest in the world around them, or doesn't have any higher education.
>>
>>17177273
You've literally missed the entire point for a second time. You're so far from the ballpark it isn't even worth trying to help you, godspeed anon
>>
>>17177220
>breaking up domestic violence
In part, that's why. Sometimes an EMT is only picking up the pieces (literally). I became one to help people, I'd like to transition to a more preventative force. Or atleast pursuing those that cause the chaos.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.