[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get a job? I've worked at a restaurant before thst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Wojak_nightmare.jpg (33 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
Wojak_nightmare.jpg
33 KB, 722x349
How do I get a job? I've worked at a restaurant before thst my friends dad owned. He is a reference of mine. I've applied at well over 20 places now that I'm looking for a job again, gotten 3 interviews, never gotten a call back. I'm not socially awkward or anything and my interviews go well usually. Once I was even told by my interviewer "I was really impressed by your interview". No call back. What do I do guys
>>
File: Dag.jpg (477 KB, 1280x1726) Image search: [Google]
Dag.jpg
477 KB, 1280x1726
Keep tryin'
>>
>>17169480
I give this advice a lot.

If you don't have job experiance, then make your job experiance yourself. It takes very little to start a youtube, manage a twitch, get a twitter handle, and generate viewers or an audiance. This is community management and content production. You can follow that up by learning the everloving shit out of Microsoft office (excel, access, word primarily) and quickbooks for small business. That will give the a logistical background for business support and THAT will help you get better jobs.

Keep looking for crap entry level jobs, but develop a skillset that will pay off in time
>>
>>17169480
Read MMM's 50 jobs without a college degree.
>>
>>17169500
Well, I know what I want to do for my career but right now I just need a job for spending money until I move back to where I permanently live in a couple months
>>
>>17169480
Write him a thank you letter. Try to deliver it in person but if he is not there hand it to a worker and ask that it be placed where he will see it.

I'm on my second shitty job and I got both by doing that and being persistent. Chances are none of the other job contenders will leave a note or thank the man in person. This will set you a part, plus you will make an impression.

Talk to your papi too if you have one.
>>
>>17169533
For giving an interview?
>>
>>17169506
You may know what you want, but what I just gave you as far as advice goes will give you the tools to save your ass if things ever go tits uo in your life. It's worth exploring
>>
>>17169544
Yes.
>>
I hope you don't mind if I borrow your thread as I see no reason to make a new one for my simple question related to this:

Is it wrong to embellish a resume or application if I basically did the stuff but not in an "official" capacity? I have done a myriad of things but never for a really long time or a length that would be impressive. I know I can do the work, but I am sure my employment gap and lack of "real experience" would put me at a disadvantage. I could brief friends on acting like my boss or whatever else is necessary, and keeping a story straight won't be a problem. I just need a foot in the door.
>>
I'm in the same boat it's fucking frustrating and I feel I'm being discriminated against because of my age and look. I'm 18. Have applied for so many electronic sales positions that I know I'd be great at given my general knowledge with technology. For fucks sake the people at best buy don't know jack shit about anything and somehow get hired. It's no surprise that people judge each other by looks and I feel that people may not see me as someone with great work ethic but it's the complete opposite. I was one of the hardest workers as a grocer clerk. Always busted my ass and was consistent. It's disheartening when you get no calls back
>>
>>17169533

no one is going to hire you for a couple months. by the time you're trained and getting normal paychecks you'll be gone.

for the other people, availability is the number one most important thing for getting a job with no job experience. I got my first job because I was willing to get there are 4am some days to open and other days be there close and get out at 12am.
>>
>>17169544
For considering you worth his time. Interviews take up time and resources.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.