[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to date men and still remain on the DL? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 658418516584.png (128 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
658418516584.png
128 KB, 1000x1000
Is it possible to date men and still remain on the DL? I don't know why but I can't help but want to retain my sense of masculinity(not a bottom and not feminine, at all) and "coming out" makes that incredibly difficult. Hard to explain, anons.
>>
No advice?
>>
Not really sure how to help you. Deliberately remaining in the closet, especially for reasons like that, isn't going to win you a lot of friends in the gay community. They won't out you -shit's Just Not Done- but you may have trouble finding dates.
>>
>>17151766

Gay, or gay not. There is no try.
>>
File: 1461133728881.png (103 KB, 624x434) Image search: [Google]
1461133728881.png
103 KB, 624x434
Mentor relationship with beautiful young boy, goes from lust to non-sexual admiration of spirit.

Eventually obtain ἀταραξία
>>
>>17151951
Is that before or after I'm balls deep in him?

>>17151936
I'm just having trouble reconciling masculinity and homosexuality. I don't know how to separate them out in my mind. Even as a top, there seems something(in my mind) feminine and "faggy" about fucking other men.

Of course fucking men IS faggy, but I can't help my homolust.
>>
File: 1435191921543.png (513 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1435191921543.png
513 KB, 800x600
>>17151979
I don't know, I'm not actually a faggot.

Plato would think that would be flat out disgusting though.
>>
>>17151984
I thought the Greeks believed being a bottom was the disgusting part. Totally okay to be a homo, but only if you're a top.
>>
>>17151766

>I don't know why but I can't help but want to retain my sense of masculinity

Being gay has nothing to do with losing or retaining masculinity. Deciding to live as a gay man is not joining a club; no one is going to force you to wear leather or go out dancing or shave yourself from head to foot. You can stay exactly who you are.

I know quite a few gay men that are perfectly normal, well adjusted guys with no fashion quirks or painfully flamboyant lisps. They dress up in suits and watch football and go to the gym and just so happen to fuck guys.

If other people's perception to you is a really important factor in who you decide to be romantic with you have much bigger issues with insecurity than you do with hiding the fact that you're gay.
>>
>>17152006
Athenians were disgusted by sodomy, they penetrated between the thighs. Also a) greek homosexuality were eventually supposed to evolve far beyond lust and b) a homosexual relationship between two citizens (i.e. adult men) was considered intrinsically shameful and abhorrent.

And then of course there is Plato, that thought sex in general was degenerate.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.