[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For anyone who has taken or is taking SSRIs/antidepressants,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1451004674274.jpg (86 KB, 540x513) Image search: [Google]
1451004674274.jpg
86 KB, 540x513
For anyone who has taken or is taking SSRIs/antidepressants, how long did it take for you to see a change in your general mood or behavior?
>>
2 weeks of Zoloft here.

All I'm getting is dizziness, nausea, and bad headaches. Hopefully I'll get better in a few weeks.
>>
>>17136374
There's a brief adjustment period to allow your brain to rewire during those first few weeks so hopefully you'll start feeling better soon. To help with the nausea and headaches apparently upping your water intake can help, as can taking your medication with meals.

I'm about to start Celexa soon so best of luck to both of us!
>>
>>17136374
Sign of serotonine syndrome...
>>
>>17136374
are you taking anything else at the same time?
>>
I took celexa for 1 months. I felt a bit better but they made it too hard to focus so I quit taking them. Hopefully once I can afford it I want to try different ones. The important thing to keep in mind with antidepressants is that doctors don't quite understand why they work, so there is alot of trial in error in finding medication that works so be patient if you are planning on going on them.
>>
>>17136432
It's also a sign of the first few weeks of someone taking a new SSRI, no need to fear-monger.

Best of luck, OP. I'm a few days into trying Zoloft after trying a few others that haven't worked. Kinda in limbo at the moment though, but we'll all make it one day.
>>
>>17136342
Took Effexor for about 1 year. Never felt anything.
>>
My memory's fuzzy. Maybe about two weeks for it to kick in fully? I'm on fluoxetine for depression and OCD.
>>
Usually it takes me about two weeks, but sometimes the beginning dose is sub-therapeutic so you won't notice much until your doctor ups the dose again.

For example, my doc prescribed me Pamelor (Nortryptaline) again yesterday because it worked well once and it's been over a year since I've been on it, and I'm on 25mg and going to 50mg until I see my psychiatrist next (therapeutic dose is 75mg.).

I've been on 14 medications for depression, so I have a good amount of personal experience here, heh.
>>
File: albundy.jpg (16 KB, 320x235) Image search: [Google]
albundy.jpg
16 KB, 320x235
does anyone know if the newer medications fuck with your brain?

i was on these medications 16 years ago. i was prescribed paxil, tried to kill myself 2 months later. doctors then claimed i'm "bipolar," put me on all sorts of shit for 4 years. i kept fucking up in college, my personal relationships went to shit, and i couldn't read, write, or concentrate. i took myself off that shit, my life turned around, i finished college, met my now wife, got into grad school.

a few years ago the depression came back. i don't have manic episodes; i know i'm not bipolar. it's affecting my marriage, i can't finish my graduate thesis, and i've lost all interest in everything.

if i take a newer medication, will i be able to concentrate, read, and write again? i would rather die than not finish my grad degree, lose my wife, my family, while at the same time feeling "happy."
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.