[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Confidence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: Not_2cb092_5840122.jpg (129 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
Not_2cb092_5840122.jpg
129 KB, 640x1136
Okay /adv/, I'm a frequent /fit/izen but they never give me a straight answer about this kind of stuff.

Was previously on par with Skeletor but after two years in the gym, I'm finally confident about my body, probably the only thing I'm confident about. How do I exude confidence in day to day situations, this isn't even about girls, just in general.

A little off topic, but I aced drama in school, I'm a decent actor. I'm great at pretending to be my 'Tyler Durden' but my facade drops over time cause it's such an effort to keep up. I can't be consistant with the act and the depression shines through and when they know the real me they break off contact immediately.

How do it become confident instead of pretending to be.
>>
File: 14330283161_7a12b367c9_c.jpg (262 KB, 598x800) Image search: [Google]
14330283161_7a12b367c9_c.jpg
262 KB, 598x800
Eat foods that make you happy and feel rich like pizza or whatever you love
>>
Well no one can be confident in everything. If you want to be confident regarding something you need to prove to yourself that you can be good at that thing. So, for example to be confident at work you need to have great results and to be able to do anything that's thrown at you without a huge amount of effort. To be confident in something you also need to understand it. So for instance, when it comes to picking up girls you can't always have amazing results for reasons that may not be your fault. So to be confident in this regard you also need to understand why it happens.

Basically to be confident about something means you need to understand that thing and be good at it. It's hard to say how to exude confidence in day to day situations, this is more about yourself than anything else. To do that you need to see yourself as capable and reliable and you achieve that by... well by being capable and reliable. If you're the kind of person that manages to do any reasonable task that's thrown at them and people rely on you for stuff then you will be confident in most daily situations. There are no shortcuts/
>>
Pretend to be a confident you, not someone else. It's a bit harder since it's easier to pretend confidence as someone else, but you can fake being a confident you, and in time you will be. Take same pride in what you accomplished, not by the standards of other people but yourself, you don't have to brag about it.
>>
Stand up straight posture etc. Never apologize for saying what you believe because you know you're right but admit when you're wrong. Don't worry about being confident, as you go through life and get more skills in your book you will find yourself becoming more and more confident. And realize that everyone struggles with confidence every day

Get it out of your head that there's a certain way to act confident, just keep it in your head that you ARE confident
>>
>>17136160
This has given me a different perspective, that competence equals confidence. Thank you.

>>17136165
I know, like I said I pretend to be somebody I'm not. I need to work in that mental seperation

>>17136174
I already live by never unnecessarily apologising. I agree with the rest of what you have to say

Thanks a lot guys, this is actually constructive, I'll be using this board in the futute
>>
>>17136196
Lol you're a dumbass
>>
File: aiki.png (78 KB, 246x280) Image search: [Google]
aiki.png
78 KB, 246x280
>>17136206
every time
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.