[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop video game addiction? How do I stop playing vid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1458744592317.jpg (109 KB, 1284x1728) Image search: [Google]
1458744592317.jpg
109 KB, 1284x1728
How do I stop video game addiction? How do I stop playing vid games? It's ruining my life.
>>
Literally stop.
>>
Give your consoles to a trusted family member. Tell them to keep it away from you for X amount of time.

Put all your computer games on a flash drive. Give that to a family member also. Now uninstall those games from your comp, knowing you have a backup.
>>
Slice your genitals with a razor blade each time you play a video game
>>
>>17132054
Quitting video games made me depressed. Having something in my life i was god at made me feel good. I liked it. The rush bf3 will always give me is better than sex. Bf3... So yeah. Cut down, Don't stop. Video games r such a huge part of my life especially those important years when I developed. Prov the same with u? Video games are part of who i am. I miss them. U may too.
>>
>>17132092
I feel the same except I'm not good at them however it's just so fun I need to stop I spend too much time on it and playing a little at a time is impossible
>>
>>17132054
In my opinion, video game addiction finds its source in the inability to cope effectively with reality. Keep in mind that this is only my opinion.
Have you tried talking about it to a mental health professional who might give you the necessary tools for coping with the real world without finding refuge in video games as soon as it gets a little too serious for you ?
>>
For real, if you really want to stop, tell a family member that it's a problem and ask them to help you stop. Stop completely for a while, then when you get more control of yourself you can try them in moderation, and if it starts to take up too much time again, get rid of them again. Video games are fun in moderation, but if they're the biggest part of your life, that's a huge problem that you need help with.
>>
>>17132054
Just keep video games in moderation. Don't binge every weekend, force yourself to try new stuff until you find some other hobbies (for me playing an instrument was an easy transition, and forced me to meet a lot of new people). Video games can be your favorite, but not your only hobby.
>>
>>17132054

Break the games using an axe

I hope this helps
>>
you're probably stressed OP. that's why you need the games

take a break from responsibilities and game ur heart out for a while. the allure should die out quickly.

alternately, you could search for something more meaningful & engrossing to fill that void in your life.

analyze what draws you to the games & how you feel before and after. try to find the root of the problem.
>>
reddit.com/r/stopgaming

I did this for a semester and my grades turned out great actually
>>
You have to quit cold turkey. Don't delude yourself with an idea that you can moderate or cut down, the allure of escape and accomplishment is too strong. If you're anything like I was, your sense of identity is bound to your games, which is all the more reason for a complete divorce. Take that drive for achievement and accomplishment and focus it on something that will improve your life.

I quit gaming two summers ago and now I consistently make dean's list. Good luck man.
>>
>>17132452
Wut could possibly fill that void that wouldn't just be another addiction? Just replacing that addiction with another isn't a solution
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.