[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >have girlfriend past 8 years >things have been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
File: BpCjgDY.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
BpCjgDY.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>be me
>have girlfriend past 8 years
>things have been good for the most part, but she never put much effort into spending time with me
>i was always the one to drive to see her
>start fighting about her never making an effort to spend time with me
>shit gets pretty bad and we end up hardly talking for 4 days
>go to the bar on the 4th day and run into girl i have been friends with, and really like
>end up getting black out drunk and telling her i would fuck her
>she's engaged and has been in a relationship for 8 years as well
>she doesn't say much, i end up leaving and making it home somehow
>next day I apologize and find out she really likes me too
>pretty sure she'd hook up with me if i met up with her sometime

What do /adv/? Should I destroy my relationship and this chick's wedding engagement? I really do like her. I doubt that she would call off her engagement, nor do I really want that, so I guess it'd just be something that happens on the down low. I honestly never thought this would happen to me.
>>
Don't do it. It'll fuck things up in the long-run. Doing this now for some short-term satisfaction isn't worth what it could ruin.
>>
File: images-5.jpg (8 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
8 KB, 200x252
Do it faggot! Search for your happiness and love
>>
>>17124488
The rational side of me thinks that, but it also is really hard to fight feelings for someone that I know likes me back. The obvious choice would be to cut all contact, but I don't want to because we just graduated college and I will lose her as a friend if I don't keep in touch. The other thing is that I somewhat believe that my relationship with my girlfriend will permanently be like this. We are past the honeymoon stage and I doubt that that feeling is ever going to return. Her fiance is a douche and she's unhappy, so I don't really care about their situation. Also, it'd be stupid to leave my long-term relationship for someone who is married. It's hard, man.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 600x189) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 600x189
Do not do it, that's wrong. Don't be selfish and only think about you and your happiness, what about your gf and her fiancee?
>>
File: 1374602164421.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1374602164421.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>17124597
Well, her fiance is a douche and she's unhappy. My girlfriend never makes time for me. I realize this is kind of cognitive dissonance after the fact, but I don't think this would have happened if I was happy with my girlfriend.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.