[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to do well academically but besides avoiding the prospect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1435271605219.png (134 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1435271605219.png
134 KB, 500x375
I want to do well academically but besides avoiding the prospect of being a failure I don't really give a shit about it or anything else. I have no motivation to do anything productive in general but I don't want to stay like this. I want to get better because I know I can and I know that in the long term I'll appreciate putting effort in. The problem is I just don't feel the motivation to do that.

How do I give a shit again?
>>
>>17113504
bump
>>
Make a list of everything you need to do and just do it. Over time you can start raising the bar for the quality of your work, but getting in the habit of doing it is probably the most important part.
>>
You can start with your interests that way it seems more like something you like to do and go with that. Then build and make your interests productive, make money on them, blog, podcast or what ever that way the motivation comes from the things you like to do.
>>
Motivation is a meme. It doesn't matter if you will WANT to do something on a day to day basis because in actuality, you probably won't. Doing well academically means putting daily systems in place that you follow whether you feel like it or not. Wake up at a certain time, study for so many hours, set daily goals and reward yourself if it helps.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.