[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crush On Checkout Girl (IMAGE UNRELATED)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 687x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 687x180
Hi there! I'm a young man from London, and I have a BIG crush on a girl who works at a supermarket I frequently shop at. I go to this place (A small-ish local branch of the Co-Op... Doubt that name will mean much to non-Britfags) a couple of times a week on average, and quite commonly more. I always try to get served by this girl (As I said, it's a small shop with only a couple of people at the tills on a normal day, so it's piss easy to do this without seeming creepy). Now, the girl is always very chatty with me, and always calls out hello to me when I walk into the shop, or when she sees me at the back of the (short) queue. She's never like this with anybody else, as far as I've ever seen. When we're making small talk at the tills, she occasionally says things which I almost take as hints, for example complaining about how nobody buys her presents on St. Valentine's Day. Once again, let me point out that nobody else gets this treatment. What do I do, /adv/?
TLDR: I have a crush on a checkout girl who I see regularly. We always make small talk, and she always pays more attention to me than she does to anyone else.
>>
>>17092930
>What do I do?
Have you considered asking her out?
>>
>>17092961
Yes. That's exactly why I'm here. I need advice on that... Is it a good idea? And what is the best way to do it, without seeming creepy?
>>
As someone who's worked in retail, it could be a 50/50 situation honestly. She could simply be being very friendly with you because she's good at customer service and knows it's bringing you back and encouraging sales.

Or she could think you're pretty cute. Problem is, it's her workplace, and it's pretty inappropriate to ask customers' personal details.

Do you share any mutual acquaintances? Honestly, just slip her your number and if she's interested, she'll give you a call/text. :)
>>
>>17092992
>Is it a good idea?
Probably. She could say no, but would that really be so terrible?
>And what is the best way to do it, without seeming creepy?
Do you know what kinds of things she likes to do? Ask if she would like to do them with you sometime. Alternatively just ask her if she wants to get coffee or something when she's off work.
>>
>>17092930
Only ask her if it's not your neighborhood shop.

For instance, if she rejects you it will be awkward going into that shop again.
>>
since youre a brit and all, i'm assuming you've watched the second season of Skins, where the psycho JJ guy asked a checkout girl out and eventually ended up shagging her. you can do the same op
>>
>>17093192
Thanks for the answer. I'd contemplated the phone number thing before... And no, there are no mutual acquaintances.
>>
>>17093210
>terrible
It's a local shop, and a very handy one at that, because it's the only place I can reliably get certain things locally. If I fuck up, it'll be embarrassing going in there again. But the coffee thing seems okay, perhaps to be used in conjunction with the other person's phone number idea. Thanks.
>>
>>17093213
That's exactly the problem, my dear Watson.
>>
>>17093235
LOL no.
>>
>>17093277
In my experience, I just make sure I'm really flirtatious with the girl but never actually ask her out.

Because most of those shops I go to alot so no way I would ever jeopardize that over some girl.

Best case scenario: she will ask you out.

Worst case: you say nothing and regret it forever.
>>
>>17093290
This is terrible advice. She works there. She will not ask him out.

OP, it's up to you. You are the one that has to make the move.
>>
>>17093290
And there you go... In the St. Valentine's Day conversation (As mentioned in my original post), she actually said that she was "still single by the way". So yeah, there's a chance now. I'm just weighing up the odds in my head... Like when you're betting on the horses, never risk more than you can get in return.
>>
>>17093294
Of course. I came here for help exactly because I know I'm the one who has to make the move. I need to know if, statistically speaking, it's worth it.
>>
>>17092992
Christ this is england! Just ask her out for a drink and if she says no just smile and say "Hey, had to try!"

Oh and for some reason this line seems to work "I'd like to take you out for a drink, do you think that's possible?"
>>
>>17093318
No, this isn't England. This... Is... SYRIA!
Just kidding LOL. Yeah, p'r'aps I should try. It's just the potential embarrassment, and the fact that I shop there regularly...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.