[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Literally don't care about anything This started when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: hm.jpg (103 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
hm.jpg
103 KB, 306x306
>Literally don't care about anything

This started when I was around 18. I thought it was a phase or something, and now I'm 22. I still don't care about anything, aside from my family.

Its starting to become a real burden, especially when having to tend to all my obligations, and daily shit, when I just don't care. The only reason I do, is like I said, my family. They expect a certain level of shit from me, and I always meet expectations, so I can fly under the radar.

I don't want to make friends, I don't want to finish college, I don't want to do anything. Not even play vidya, or read, or play my instruments. Just ready to die in my sleep or spend the rest of my days staring at the ceiling. I don't even feel sad, just numb, and I don't know why.

Is this depression?
>>
>>17006881
18 yrs here. Right there with you, I barely eat, sleep crazy hours if at all, don't want to go anywhere, losing my interest in damn near everything. Don't know what to tell you except you're not the only one.
>>
>>17006881
20 yo. also wanted you to know i am in the same exact situation.
>>
File: 1458950928512.jpg (120 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1458950928512.jpg
120 KB, 640x480
Have you gone down the checklist Op? Seen a doctor about it?

Diet, excersise, anything tramatic happen, not getting enough sunlight, not sleeping well at night, etc.

How's your home life? Relationship with the parents? Trusting, loving? Do they let you be you, or have unhealthy expectations from you/expect you to fulfill their goals?

Think about all that shit. Go down the checklist. Start paying attention to daily habits, take note of any unhealthy behavior/hobbies, and healthy ones. Also talk to a doctor.

Went through the same shit and have been slowly overcoming it day by day.
>>
This could be depression. It may be something else with a mental side to it.
People care. People care. It's empathy.
If you DONT care, yeah, might be something off.
BUT!!! You care, at least a little, about not caring.
Maybe it is time to seek out professional help?
I don't agree with PsyCHIATRISTS all of the time (most of the time), but psyCHOLOGISTS, I think that's the best bet for true help.
I could also suggest seeking faith. I'm not religious. But when I feel towards a "bottom" of who I am, I go back to what helped ME in MY past. Buddhism. Not to say that's what's the good for you. But seeking something bigger might help.
Either way.... questioning your position means that, in fact, you do care. You should act.
>>
>>17006915
Expanding on this a bit, you gotta remember that even though were the top species on the planet and surrounded by tech, we are still animals. We need our bodies and mind to be healthy in order to be in sync with each other. You can't think straight when you have the flue, and you can't get much energy to get up and go if you aren't doing enough to keep your mind healthy and happy, like fulfilling your own goals.

I've come to a point where it's almost meditative therapy to slow down and go down that mental checklist of what could be bothering me.
>>
>>17006915
Diets good, was an athlete even into college, and played sports. I still work out regularly, don't know why though. I sleep like a fucking rock, and I'm taking evening classes, so I sleep as late as I feel like on days I'm not working.

Homes fine, parents are honestly pretty cool. Very trusting and loving, and let me do my thing. I'd say now that I've gotten older, they are more my friends than parents. Which is pretty nice, because I get along with both of them outside of just being their son. Same thing with my brother. They are pretty much the only reason I don't walk off a cliff.
>>
>>17006881
you're not in it alone. same situation bro
don't give a fuck about 99% of things.
I've saved up for things I would of dreamt about before and not even looked at them.
Have to motivate myself to eat and even stay hydrated.
Feel like I am waiting to wake up from a dream most times.
Almost nothing excites me. It's just slightly better or slightly worse.
I'm not depressed or want to a n herro because im still interested in living and think there can be a new experience eveyday f it's just all boring and generic.

The main and really only thing that makes me happy is knowing you have total freedom. completely aside from having to engage in the societal mating dance. You can stand up and jump out the nearest window if you want. Or decide you want to go parachuting, or decide you want to go to a new place. You can sleep in the woods, or go up the the next person you see and tell them you like their outfit and make them smile for a day or learn a new craft. Not that you actually will follow through with any of those things because of lack of caring but you DO have the ability to TRY and do anything. that's what makes me smile
>>
>>17006925
>>17006925
Welp, i would say talk to your doc and maybe a psychologist like that one anon said.

It could be a million different things. Maybe your diets slightly lacking and your hormones/testosterones off. Maybe you need to switch you sleep schedule and get up earlier (the population percent of genuine late nighters is kind of low), maybe your just lonely.

If there aren't any major redflags going on in your life then a doctor is probably your best bet of figuring out what's up.
>>
File: images-3.jpg (11 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
11 KB, 272x185
>>17006929

Sleeping in the woods (even if you just park your car somewhere and sleep in it) is pretty awesome, can confirm. Sometimes we just need to shake shit up.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.