[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you please explain to me the different between being infatuated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: GU70hl0.jpg (40 KB, 920x459) Image search: [Google]
GU70hl0.jpg
40 KB, 920x459
Can you please explain to me the different between being infatuated with somebody and truly loving them?

I am looking for your own personal experiences if possible.
>>
for me, infatuation is everything you feel for somebody before you two have the chance to prove with your actions that you actually love each other.
>>
>>16973139
>>16973149, more or less--I was going to say that infatuation is fixation on people you don't really know yet. I don't think you can love someone you don't know well.
>>
would like to know this too

but from personal experience I'd say you can't really tell until you've been with someone for maybe a year
>>
infatuation= in love with the idea of someone, the potential for love

love= knowing shit like what breakfast cereal they like the best and how they take their coffee and their first pet's name and their favorite places to be touched and their flaws and good attributes and wanting them to be happy no matter what no matter the cost
being able to say whatever's on your mind and share more of yourself than you thought possible without being judged and getting the same trust in return
and knowing that they feel the same way about you and you'll support one another no matter what
>>
>>16973162

I've known someone for several years in a friend context and I'm just trying to come to terms with the idea that we're building a deeper relationship. So...technically I know a lot about them but not really much about being around them.

That said, I just want to make them happy. I spend my time thinking about what I can do to make their life easier. I love listening to them, touching them, I feel a pang of sadness when I have to leave them, only for a few minutes. They have pretty humongous flaws but I still find something to love about those flaws.

It all seems a bit foolish to me, which indicated infatuation and not a deeper love.
>>
Infatuation revolves around the fantasy of how you think things would be in a life together. Love involves building one's worldview out of the life you ACTUALLY live together.
>>
Alright alright alright let's all be real here, love isn't real, it's just as bunch of chemicals that compel animals to mate. That being said, I am a sucker for playing along with the lie. I guess it all comes down to how long you can tolerate that motherfucker. Infatuation by definition is short lived but love is a long term deal, like you've seen all the stupid shit they do and you're still on board some fucking how. Ayyyyyyy (_)_)::::::::::::D~~~~~~~~kill me~~
>>
>>16973162
how long does it take to get to that stage? i've been with my bf for half a year now and we tick every single one of your criterias. am i being delusional?
>>
>>16973139

"Infatuation" means you're extremely attracted to them, and you really really hope they like you back, and you get butterflies in your stomach and all that shit. "Being in love" should usually INCLUDE infatuation, but you also truly respect and admire them as a person, you'd want them in your life as a friend even if nothing sexual happened.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY - If you're really in love, their happiness kind of becomes more important than yours. You wouldn't want to betray their trust or hurt their feelings just for your own gratification. If your partner has the same attitude towards you, this is the best possible relationship. Be aware, though, that lots of people really just aren't capable of this kind of love. Lots of people will always put themselves first, no matter what
>>
>>16973170
the only reason I'd say that's infatuation instead of love is that you're not actually in a relationship
people often act different in relationships and there's really no guarantee it'd turn out well, although it sounds promising
love is two-sided.

>>16973175
nah. as long as you don't meet someone and declare yourself in love after a couple dates, you're probably good
once a connection like that is there, it's there. while it might strengthen or lessen the longer you're together, the fact that it's there now means it's really love at this point in time.
>>
>>16973193
>it's really love at this point in time
d'awwwww

what can i do to strengthen that connection even more over time?
>>
>>16973193

Oh sorry, I should add that we are now in a relationship together, doing most of the things that people in long term relationships do. No family or friend meeting yet, though.
>>
Infatuation is just an intense crush bordering on the point of obsession. Perhaps you might use it to describe the early part of a relationship.

Love is a very complex relationship you have with someone, but you do need to have a relationship with them.
>>
>>16973226

I would also say that they're not exclusive concepts. You could be both in love and infatuated with someone, or just in love or just infatuated.

Infatuation is just a level of almost manic preoccupation with another person.
>>
>>16973202
support one another. be his best friend. do little things for him without him asking and see if he does the same. really try to learn how he sees the world and what makes him act like he does; not only does it give you a deeper connection, it makes arguments a lot easier to diffuse. don't be afraid to show that you love him.

>>16973221
if you're asking whether it's love or infatuation, it's probably infatuation. you know when you're in love.

but it sounds like it's kind of borderline to me. spend more time together and learn her and see.
sometimes flaws that seem endearing at first can turn frustrating pretty quickly.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.