[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i tell me gf her cooking is garbage without sounding like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1457496689891.gif (636 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1457496689891.gif
636 KB, 500x281
How do i tell me gf her cooking is garbage without sounding like a dick?

If i keep offering to cook it may imply i think her food is trash so what do?
>>
Say to her: Wanna cook together?
She will then take a look in what do you are doing while cooking. And you can even pretend you are a chef like TV, example:
You: "And lets put a bit of sugar to make this sauce a little less acid".
Her: Is that true?
You: Yeah, it works and it makes the sauce more tasty.

Just a my 2 cents
>>
>>16952740
Alright I'll try that thanks.
>>
I would just be like don't take this the wrong way but I'm just being honest your cooking isn't too good.
>>
>>16952712
man I'm so happy I can be direct with my gf instead of literally having to brainstorm ways to tell her something
>>
>>16952782
Watch some Gordon Ramsey vids from his channel, he puts up simple recipes from time to time. Try not to orgasm while cooking though, it's weird.
>>
>>16952712
Whenever someone sucks, it's always best to just tell them flat out that they are doing a poor job.

The difference between sounding like an ass and sounding like constructive criticism is that in one scenario you are bashing their failure, and another is you are encouraging them to improve.

Failure isn't a step back, it's a step forward. Tell them there is plenty of room for improvement, tell them that their cooking could use improvement.

If they take offense to that then I don't see why you're with that person to begin with. The whole point of failure is to figure out a method that doesn't work, until you've found one that does, in which case you've found success, and if people can't understand that then you don't need that kind of negativity in your life OP.
>>
Give her some real criticism. "You suck" doesn't help much. "Maybe try using [insert spice] to give it a better flavor" does. Try to figure out what you dislike about her cooking and help her fix it. >>16952740 is also a really cute suggestion.

My boyfriend apparently isn't as attentive to taste as I am or something, so his meals often tasted really bland until I gently said, "I wonder how this would taste if you did it this way," that kind of thing, and he was very receptive and has gotten more creative in the kitchen because of it. Before that, I'm pretty sure he was content to live on literally nothing but plain chicken sausages and Cheerios.
>>
Look into signing up for those couples cooking classes. It will be cute and she'll be happy for a fun cutesy date with you. Make sure she takes it seriously so she actually learns.

Another idea is to buy her a cookbook. I had no idea how to cook and I got this huge binder one "America's test kitchen family cookbook" and it's not just recipes, it tells you (with pictures) how to do things and explains sometimes how techniques and ingredients can make the dish taste really good. Like "be careful not to overcook or the meat will dry out" and step by step pictures on how to prepare a roast. Good stuff.
>>
>>16952740
This is good, it is also BONDING TIME.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.