[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life passing me by?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: JUSTDO.jpg (78 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
JUSTDO.jpg
78 KB, 456x320
I feel like life is passing me by /adv/. I am 25 and I have done nothing basically. I have a decent job but god damn.. its pretty mundane sometimes. Whatever.

I just feel like I have done nothing. I have never had a girlfriend, never been drunk or high(not that I really want to get drunk or high). I can't drive. I don't travel. I just feel like I am not living. I feel like once you turn 30 you basically are dead already.

Are there any 30 year olds here? Whats it like when you are 30? It feels like the fucking end to me. I mean a lot of people have kids in there mid to late twenties. I never even had a relationship!! What the fuck is going on?

30 seems like a death sentence. What is living and how do I do it? Whats astonishing to me is that there are people out there who were fucking at age 16. I can't even fathom it. Am I even a adult?
>>
You seriously fucked up if you've never been in a relationship and you're 25.
>>
>>16924372

make a list of things you wanna do, then do them. if your list includes 'travel' then you fucked up, start over.

instead make a list of palces you really wanna travel. pick one as your first destination. calculate the basic costs of going there. then calculate how long it will take you to save that money in a reasonable way. then plan to go then. put aside the right money each month.

instead of 'get a gf' make a list of sociable activities you want to take part in. if you dont know any, go to meetup.com and sign up for any relevant interest you have. go to those events. work them into your google calendars schedule (your new best friend).

wanna write a book? schedule to write it. wanna make a movie? do that? wanna get high or drunk? schedule atime with friends.

>i cant drive

TL;DR make a list of everything you wanna do. break it down to its smaller steps. take step one today.
>>
>>16924387
this is good advice
>>
>>16924372
How old do you look? Age is just a number, so if you look younger than you actually are it'll be easier to associate with people in that age range. Once you get to know them and befriend them, they probably won't care anyway..
>>
>>16925659

I look younger than I am.. However, I have no desire to date a woman far younger than me. Like I wouldn't date any girl below age 20 probably.
>>
>>16924372
I'm the opposite I've had fun with girls and never had a good job or any job really and I have no chance of ever doing it

I also feel like I've done nothing and my life is mundane
>>
>>16925705

its pretty painful. I envy people with actual lives. I feel as if I missed everything.

What is sending me into panic mode is that as I get older, it will become harder and harder to find a woman who hasn't been lashed by life I guess. For example, I probably won't be able to find a decent woman in her mid twenties who doesn't have some sort of ex boyfriend drama or a kid or something. As I get older... only single mothers will remain and that is when I probably will become grossly depressed.

Hold me.
>>
>>16925740

We all got our problems i guess. I'm like the other guy, at least in that I've had some girls but I'm basically a fucking loser. I'm in school, but I've been in it for too long. 25 as well. But I'm still somewhat optimistic.

It's funny though. I dont think I'm ever going to be craving sex with a bunch of young chicks or somehing in my old age. I rather hope I'll have a long term partner I'm good with. If I don't, I think that'll be what throws me into the unbearable depression. I've always just wanted someone to trust and be partners with.
>>
>>16925787

that is what I want to but honestly... I fear either not finding a girl or finding a girl and then regretting it if she is the only girl I will ever get to experience.

I feel like I have so much to experience and so little time. I feel as if I am already too old. jesus.. 25 is old as fuck dude.
>>
>>16925791
You're only as old as you feel. About the regretting only ever being with one girl...I had that and it ruined a great 5 year long relationship i had. I tried other girls now but now I have nothing but regret. It's not worth it.

Oh, and now I'm turning 24 in a month and a NEET, living with parents. I know what you're feeling. I guess just stay positive, i know it's hard. I'm trying to get in shape, get a job, save money and travel and fuck bitches around the world. I'll probably still feel like i havent accomplished anything then though. So i guess i dont have an answer, OP.
>>
>>16924372
Do you have any hobbies?
I can't drive either.
>>
I'm 32, and I hate my fucking life. I'm STILL a virgin and am being literally choked to death by student loans. I work 50 hrs a week Mon thru Friday and then at Walmart on Saturday and Sunday, just to get by and keep my loans paid.

No time to do anything, all females are married... All I wanted in my life was to give head to an Asian chick, but 8 years of college threw me backwards....

Hate my fucking life hate my fucking life hate my fucking life
>>
>>16925740
It's not that great man all my relationships have been horrible. With girls you have to worry about cheating or sexual assault, relationships go up and down so much you never know what's happening, sex is fun but over in 20 minutes and leads to kids.

I also feel like I missed out on life by not being born in a suburb, and going on vacations, or getting a good job

*holds*
>>
Buy a 6+pack of beer and get drunk alone. Get disappointed by how shit it really is. Next find some weed. Get disappointed by how paranoid and Anxious it makes you. Next get a gf and be disappointed by how useless and annoying she is and how shitty sex is for the first 100 times.

Congratulations, you're leaning life lessons. Now you can drink casually without getting drunk. Smoke weed on occasion of that's your thing. And if you're lucky you can find a girl you love.

Before you do all that start lifting though. And read some good /lit.
>>
I know this is not an original idea but suicide is always an options.

We people are built that way that we always rely on self-destruction if everything else fails.
>>
29 here. Terrified of being 30, and not having much for accomplishments to show for it. I look and act like I'm still early 20's. I have a diploma but it doesn't get me any closer to a job. I have no idea what I want for a career and I'm miserable at dating. I have no interest in kids or marriage and now's about the time girls my age are considering settling down

The last decade has largely been a waste (of time and money). Lots of poor decisions, apathy and inactivity.
>>
>>16924372
thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdGMjSPDjR8
>>
>>16924372
>I have never done anything.

So do something.

It really is that simple. If you want soemthing to liven up your life, choose something and do it.
>>
>>16924383
pls don't be srs.

>24 y.o in similar situation
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.