[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not from here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Pioneer_plaque.svg.png (508 KB, 3063x2427) Image search: [Google]
Pioneer_plaque.svg.png
508 KB, 3063x2427
Greetings,

I'm not from the "planet" "earth", and was wondering what advice you might have for a "visitor" if any?
I would be more than happy to answer questions as well, if there are any.
>>
What's your purpose again?
>>
>>16919233
go away
lizard people got here first
>>
>>>/x/
>>
>>16919247
Don't be a hypocrite you slave driving honkey
>>
I'm actually here... how do i explain...
by "accident". So saying i am here for a purpose would be somewhat incorrect.
>>
the X board seemed like "humor" to me, I didn't feel as thought I could take it seriously.
I was unsure of which place to post this.
What is a lizard-people? I'm still learning about slang and "nicknames"
>>
If you're not from here, then how do you know English?
>>
Why do you "people" make "gay threads" pretending shit is what it "isn't"?

Is that like a desirable skill in your fag fucking "dimension"?
>>
>>16919260
Please anon, tell us more about this fag-dimension you reside in.
>>
>>16919259
I have learned many things since being here. I'm currently living in an area of the world in which it is the most common language, so i've studied it the most. I'm what you might call a fast learner.

>>16919260

I'm not asking you to contribute, or believe me. I fully understand why you wouldn't.
>>
>>16919265
Wow you're so creative. Tell me how you took something I said about someone else, and then just lazily said it at me? I never would have thought of that.

>>16919267
>Being overly vague in order to hold peoples' interest.

It's like you watched to much pre-70's cinema. It'd be a shame if you actually told us what the fuck your story is. But by all means, keep being vague as fuck. How else are you going have fun on a tuesday, right?
>>
perhaps this was the wrong place for this sort of discussion, i will search elsewhere
>>
>>16919282
>knows about 4chan somehow
>doesn't know 4chan is the anus of the internet

Yeah, quit pretending to be k-pax faggot. Threads like these are cringeworthy.
>>
>>16919233
I don't understand the sign.
It would have been easier for the aliens for they wrote numbers with roman letters.
>>
Where are you from?
Did you travel faster than light?
Is your civilization better than our?
Are you disguised or you naturally look like us?
Will they come to pick you up?
Are you guys into colonialism and getting resources from other planets?

Advice: try to have sex and smoke weed, it's fun
>>
>>16919697
Where are you from? There isn't really a name for where i'm from, the closest way of describing it is by saying it is number. It's in a star system unknown to you.
Did you travel faster than light? Yes, much faster. But it may be quite different than how you view travel.
Is your civilization better than our? Much different, some may say better, but I actually really like being here and would prefer to not leave.
Are you disguised or you naturally look like us? I look just like humans, though I am quite tall, and I also wear contact lenses. I have some other minor differences, but they aren't easily noticed.
Will they come to pick you up? At this point, I do not think that will happen, perhaps not possible.
Are you guys into colonialism and getting resources from other planets? Yes and no. At one time we very much were. I'm not our version of a politician or speaker, so I can't say much. I do not foresee any danger to this planet though.
>>
>>16919674
Base 10 isn't a universal concept.
>>
>>16919233
explain what is going on the picture you posted
>>
>>16920493
From what i've read it was a plaque attached to a probe humans sent into space.
I wasn't sure what image to choose, I only chose it because it was what I was reading at the time of posting
>>
It's supposed to be a map of sorts. I'm still confused though. Why did they see that as a good idea? Not that other beings are necessarily hostile, but when humans explored the earth, they were often hostile to newly found areas, can you explain why they did not think other life wouldn't be?
>>
>>16920520
They did. The 1970's were an incredibly optimistic time, though. That plaque just left the heliosphere a few years back, so we really don't have much to worry about because of it. Our radio waves have already reached thousands of star systems.
>>
>>16920493
Not the guy you replied to, but it's the plaque from Pioneer 10.

The two circles at the top represents a predictable change in state of hydrogen atoms, which is used to represent a period of time without using a clock. Hydrogen makes up about 92% of all matter in the universe, so anything that finds it ought to know what it is.

The left part of the main picture is a map to show where we are in space. It uses pulsars for reference points as they're a bit like interstellar lighthouses, they're easy to see from millions of lighyears away and flash easily recogniseable patterns. The timings for these are given in the units from the hydrogen image.

The right side of the main image is the probe with a man and a woman at the same scale to show how big we re and what we look like.

The bottom bit shows our solar system and the path the probe took before it fucked off in to the great black yonder.

>>16920520
>can you explain why they did not think other life wouldn't be?
It's not like anything else is ever going to see it. Expecting alien visitation because of the pioneer plaque is like writing your ssn on a water molecule, tossing it in the pacific and expecting someone to have cleaned out your bank account by the time you get home.
>>
>>16920652
-It's not like anything else is ever going to see it. Expecting alien visitation because of the pioneer plaque is like writing your ssn on a water molecule, tossing it in the pacific and expecting someone to have cleaned out your bank account by the time you get home.

I understand this, I was mostly hoping for some insight on how they were thinking at the time of sending the plaque.

I'm enjoying this conversation, thank you all for contributions.
>>
>>16920401
>Are you disguised or you naturally look like us? I look just like humans, though I am quite tall, and I also wear contact lenses. I have some other minor differences, but they aren't easily noticed.

What are the minor differences?
>>
File: 1457655362460.jpg (28 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1457655362460.jpg
28 KB, 480x480
>>16919233
Trump will kick your illegal alien ass of this planet
>>
>>16921168
Maybe in a few millennia something might find one of the probes. I doubt anything will happen before the year 10,000 though.
>>
>>16921268
I have no bellybutton, i also do not have toenails, for example
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.