[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>16894461 If you're serious about it, tell your girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
>>16894461
If you're serious about it, tell your girlfriend you want to stop.

And then stop buying pot.

It isn't that hard. It just takes a little will power.

Accept that you may be a little uncomfortable, agitated, and bored for a little while. Until you adjust and such.
>>
>>16894494
I think I lack in will power.

Actually I know I do, any tips on how to build my will power?

I know you might think this is bait or trolling but I'm seriously struggling to cut it out of my life.

I think my adhd might be a problem to it but I hate blaming my adhd.

6 years I've smoked nearly every day and I hate myself for it more and more.
>>
just don't do it...it's a lot harder to do something than not do anything. I quit drinking after 6 years drunk by just not doing it anymore.. you have to just want it, like actually really want it for you or it won't stick
>>
I was that way too and it even made my girlfriend leave me stuff got so crazy and her one condition when we got back together was no more weed and I said okay , it's been tough and I've smoked it after a few drinks when I'm not thinking straight but if you have some like example a girlfriend there as a constant reminder that if you do have that joint you long for then you'll be alone , my girlfriend was a massive part of me giving it up
>>
>>16894512
Wanna know how I know that is the best way to stop? I already quit smoking cigarettes 2 years ago, I just stopped. But I can't seem to stop myself getting a green in and getting stoned.

Maybe you're right, maybe I don't want it to stop.

I know I need to stop but is that enough?
>>
>>16894501

you dont know the full extent of your willpower until you really try

the fact youre smoking joints also doesnt help
switch to smoking bongs and remove tobacco from your life, the nicotine will probably have you addicted by now
>>
I'm glad you worked through it. I know me and my girlfriend won't split up over me smoking it because I've got her used to smoking it and we are currently looking for a place to live.
>>
>>16894522
I'll try this next one we get, either pure green joints or a bong/pipe
The fact that I'll happily smoke a joint with more ciggy than weed in it when I have nothing but what's left actually makes me think you're right, although I don't directly smoke cigarettes maybe me still having them in my joint is causing cravings.
>>
>>16894521
unless you want it deep down and its not some bullshit someone else or some external force is forcing on you, you would be able to stop yourself somewhere in the process of buying then smoking weed
>>
>>16894530

i honestly think its the baccy in there thats making this especially hard for you

my two best friends who are in a relationship never smoked tobacco but once they were smoking joints every dat for a month or so they started smoking cigarettes too

once they stopped smoking joints and switched to pipes etc they found it easier to control their habit and only smoke weed a couple of times a month

you can do it OP but it will probably be pretty hard
>>
>>16894521
replace it, find something to stay sober for, like working out.
of course nothing stops you from getting stoned afterwards, but that's allready the first 14hours of the 18 you spend awake a day sorted...
you would have to really care about that thing though.
>>16894501
yeah i know that feel, it's hard to stop small addictions like cigarettes and weed cause you don't feel a real need to stop and basically you'd be fine if you only cut it down a bit.
except you lack the dicipline to only cut it down a bit so you have to stop entirely to make it work.
>>
>>16894532
Well right now the only reason for me stopping is
A. Court has made me go to mandatory drug councilling
B. My girlfriend and I are looking at houses to move in to

C. I don't currently have a job so any weed I buy is off government or girlfriend or friends.

I think you're right, maybe I don't want to stop and I'm just trying to because it's being forced upon me, it is something I need to do however so whether I want to or not I need to.
>>
>>16894534
I agree, I'm going to try only smoking out of bong/pipe or even just green in a skin.
>>
>>16894535
I'm looking on joining an mma club to do jujitsu, I know I lack discipline and self control so I'm hoping to learn it through this while I quit smoking and get fitter.
>>
>>16894547
good on you then!

no need to try and cut out weed at this point, just get used to green on its own and cut down slowly over time

good luck!
>>
>>16894551
Thanks mate, really appreciate it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.