[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>8152316 # Chances are someone loves you right now, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 700x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 700x683
>>8152316 #
Chances are someone loves you right now, and you'll never know it.
Humans are good at feeling emotion but are utterly shit at expressing them.

Is this true at all?
>>
>>16852564
>>16852564

It's not that we're shit at expressing emotions - it's that there is a very subjective gap of information, context, and personal ideas that influence the words that are said, and what the words that are heard actually mean.

"I like you" can be a simple phrase that means I like you as a friend. Or that I like you more than anyone else. Or that I like you, but I don't love you.

Three words that take on three (or more) meanings.

It's not even that people are good at feeling emotions and bad at expressing them - it's that it takes time to really understand each other, and trust, and everyone's afraid of spending their 'valuable time' on something that they might consider a waste.
>>
>>16852592
I think there's something deeply wrong with me. When girls show a tad of interest in me on top of the usual friendly flirting; sort of a deep love feeling, I feel more confident. With this confidence, I like to ride it out and therefore usually don't show interest back to the girl and eventually she loses interest.. It's happened so many times, but knowing that someone has feelings for me gives me this confidence that let's me pursue other things like sports in a 'boosted' mindset..

But then I know it's not going to last forever as she will lose interest and assume I'm not interested.
>>
>>16852617

Sounds normal. The only part of that whole thing that could be considered "wrong" is not returning the girl's affections, but that's also subjective because you may or may not want to date them. I don't know these gals, you do.

As for the confidence boost, that's normal. Having someone like you will give anyone confidence, especially if it's someone you consider to be attractive.

Maybe you should say something back to the girls instead of doing nothing?
>>
>>16852635
I can't. I'm bipolar in the sense that when I get this newfound confidence, I start thinking like I know what I'm doing and basically act a certain way. People have actually said I have this confidence which gives off a 'player' vibe. I can tell you, I am the farthest from being a player, but apparently I have the looks and the charm.

To be very honest with you, anon, I am a pussy when it comes to dating, but having a friend who is a girl is totally fine with me.

Also I appreciate you actually talking to me. I'm not in a good frame of mind at the mo.
>>
>>16852664

The first step is acknowledging that you have a problem, which we've established.

You know that you have these issues - saying you can't is a cop-out for 'I don't wanna try.' You also know the feeling of confidence when you're given the attention you desire; can't you replicate or control those same emotions without the stimulus? I'm sure you've experienced that boost in ego more than a few times in your life. If you can grasp the essential lesson of it (that is, to have confidence in yourself and your abilities which lets you do better in the things you focus on), can't you replicate that same feeling without the outside stimulus?

Most of us here are pussies at dating according to the rest of the world. The only way you'll get better is to try. And yes, that means you may fail, and suffer through embarrassment. We all have to do it at some point - no single person has had a perfect life handed to them. Not even the rich, they have their own shit that they deal with every day too, it's just different.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.