[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dad stealing $200 every 6 months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 269x188) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 269x188
Last night my boyfriend and I where talking about bills. One of them was my car insurance which it turns out was unusually high. The thing is Ive been paying my dad to be on his plan since I was a teenager. Its never been a problem between us and he always told me it was cheaper to remain on his plan than to get my own. Today I went over to his house to look at the bill myself because I needed the policy numbers and I found out he has been stealing from me to the total of 200 every 6 months for about 5 years.
I talked to him about it and he claims I'm wrong even though I was holding the bill in my hand.
What should I do? On one hand I want to let it go but I am also very angry.
pls help
>>
guys pls
>>
You should get your own car insurance.
>>
If he's wrong ask for a breakdown why he's wrong.
>>
>>16768327
I fully intend to but Is there anything I can do to get my money back? He admits no fault at all

>>16768330
I had the bill in my hand that said it was 418 every 6 months but he still claimed 600 was correct. Not sure how to go from here
>>
>>16768265
Thank your dad for helping you all these years but let him know that you'd like to get your own plan after you've done some research on rates.
Honestly, swallow your pride because monetary arguments with family can really escalate. He may have been paying your registration, or a fee you're forgetting.
I've had AAA ins. all these years so idk what your payment schedule is- I pay for a full year at a time but technically you only pay 9/12 months out of the year, so if you are paying month to month its more expensive to compensate for the extra 3months you have pay over the course of the 9months.
I know my example doesn't translate exactly to yours, but it's moreso to show how wacky insurance billing can be.
>>
>>16768336
No, there is not a realistically sensible way to get your money back. Even beyond the actual financial cost of taking him to court over it, you have to put a value on your time and frustration. It'll also having lasting repercussions for the rest of your family long into the future. All told that sum is greater than $2000.

He's a shit person. You got this far in life without that money so you'll be fine to keep going. What was lost was the price you paid to learn the truth about him.
>>
Pay the rest of the insurance,than forget that your pice of shit called father even exists
>>
Family is absolutely not a bridge you want to burn,
count your losses and get on a plan of your own.
>>
Holy entitled millenial faggots in here. Your 200 bucks every six month is pocket change compared to the price it costed to raise, feed, cloth and educate you all these years. Don't even confront him. Switch insurance and drop the issue and don't be mad.
>>
>>16768346
>It'll also having lasting repercussions for the rest of your family long into the future
Realistically no matter how I proceed from here just knowing that he did that to me will definitely effect our relationship in a negative way.
The thing that makes me the most frustrated honestly is him not owning up to it. The proof is right there and your going to be a stubborn prick? Fuck you
>>
>>16768360
>Realistically no matter how I proceed from here just knowing that he did that to me will definitely effect our relationship in a negative way.
yes, but its for the best that you go about it in a way that does this the least.
>>
>>16768265
You can let it go, but when he asks for payment demand the actual bill so he can't rob you
>>
>>16768360
I think it'll affect it in a way that makes it irrelevant to your life. That is to say you'll just act like he doesn't exist. Conversely if you go after him for the money, everyone will always treat you like you exist as Satan incarnate. That's what I'm talking about as far as repercussions go. Silent fade is always better than burning bridges. The villagers chase after you for the latter.
>>
>>16768366
I'm removing myself from his plan absolutely.
If he had just asked me I would have likely given him the money too. Like who gives a shit its just the lying I can't stand
>>
>>16768373
>Like who gives a shit its just the lying I can't stand
Yes. You can never trust his word again - he stole from you - actively. I would distance myself quietly. He'll know why. If anyone else asks, tell them, otherwise, drop it.
>>
Why do all you faggots keep score. Jesus fuck if her dad kept score she'd owe him hundreds of thousands by now
>>
>>16768403
This.
Anon has a solid plan here
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.