[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I break my accent? I sound like a normal mid American
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-12-28-17-48-14.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-28-17-48-14.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
How do I break my accent? I sound like a normal mid American yet I have the occasional southern draw. I love in Kentucky. Is there anyway to break it?
>>
Grills love that shit, why do you want get rid of it?
>>
>>16682595
I can't tell you have an accent.
>>
>>16682597
I don't like it.
>>
>>16682595
I too am from Kentucky and it's weird. People here think I speak really eloquently and always ask me where I'm from, but people everywhere else notice immediately.

OP, I'll tell you a story that may make you reconsider.
>Going to visit some friends in Canada
>They ask if I want to go to a bar, that's not really my thing but I say, "sure!"
>while we're out, this cute girl asks about my accent
>I tell her I'm from Kentucky
>"Do you mean like, KFC?!?! With like horses and shit?"
>Yeah, like horses and shit
>The night goes on, we both become intoxicated, she asks if I want to go back to her place.
>The best part was on the way there we made out and she grabbed me by the collar and whispered, "Fuck me like I'm your cousin."

Shit was fucking hilarious and hot. There's no reason to be ashamed of Kentucky. We're pretty fucked up, but we're chill.
>>
>>16682597
>girls love southern draw
what part of the country are you in
>>
>>16682595
Well wait, what part of Kaintuck are you from, friend?
>>
>>16682686
Highland Heights.

>>16682677
This is true. My accent isn't bad at all it just has its occasional flareups.
>>
>>16682684
New England. It's not easymodo like a British accent, but it's a definite step above BAWSTAN.
>>
>>16682697
Shit, nigga! You're practically not in Kentucky, anyway. (I drove up that way this past year to collect a swarm of bees for my bee hives.) Lol! We could hang out, if you wanted to. At least you're not from eastern Kentucky or the deep Appalachian part.

But yeah, you can use your accent to your advantage, sometimes. Remember, while it's true that we share a dialect with heathens, inbreds, meth addicts, and sisterfucking tobacco farmers... We also share the accents of regal southern aristocrats and hard working people of the earth.
>>
>>16682595
A southern drawl is a great accent. It's an immediately recognizable accent and if you go outside your state, or even your country, people will straight away remember you, mostly because of your accent.

I get the same for my North Queensland Australian accent. It's kinda like a southern drawl, but more slang terms and euphemisms. Get girls from other countries interested on voice alone. Get compliments online when I talk on voice chat with yanks.
>>
>>16682809
What a bunch of faggots
>>
File: tumblr_m7ryolrlgb1r5y9hto1_500.png (300 KB, 443x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7ryolrlgb1r5y9hto1_500.png
300 KB, 443x600
>>16682700
>easy mode like British

I feel like I'm the only female in the world that fucking hates British and Australian accents
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.