[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
kid keeps saying he wants to murder me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Photo on 12-30-15 at 8.23 PM.jpg (199 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 12-30-15 at 8.23 PM.jpg
199 KB, 1080x720
Im babysitting my neighbor's kid(7) and he keeps talking about murder. Not intimidatingly but it's still raising concern. Hes saying things like "can i murder you?" (and when i hadnt responded he said) "if you said no it wouldnt matter, i would do it anyway", "i'm going to go get a knife" (at one point he took scissors and i had to call my sister in to take them away while i held him back, but when she came in he acted the victim), and was saying random numbers when i put him to bed. He hit me hard many times on my head and im afraid he'll do worse tonight so ive decided to stay up.

This might seem extreme since he is only 7, (background of the kid) but ive known this kid since he was in his mom's womb. he used to be a nice kid. Growing up around three sisters he started getting into more "girly" things. His mom disapproved. For example, he would come downstairs with the rest of his sisters in a ballet dress and his mom would yell "that's not okay go change right now!" A few years back, his parents split (which was for the best imo. his dad is a douche and was not around often). Him being the only other guy though, i think the kid had no choice but to favor him since getting into "girly" things was not approved of. He's frequently been getting in trouble, hits people (including his mom and sisters) often, and does not respond well to punishment. A few weeks ago he said "dont you love watching people get hurt?" while playing mk vs dcu. (why his parents gave him that is beyond me).

I put him to bed and he slid off and dragged himself towards the door. When he got in front of it he went back asking what happened even though i saw him looking back at me. So i think apart of this is attention seeking.

So, how do i show/tell him what he was doing is not okay? I was thinking of talking to him in the morning and asking if he's okay/is anything going on at home. Im also thinking of telling his mom about his disturbing behavior and my advice (to see a therapist).
>>
Do nothing. If he tries to kill you just fucking kick his skull in self defense (Do NOT listen to my advice)
>>
This is so creepy!
This is a hard one because this is a kid. You can't simply walk away the house (or can you)?)

I would say to ask someone to be with you. You said you called your sister, can she be in there more times? Having someone close will feel better, and less creepy. Just my opnion btw
>>
Sounds fucked-up, but I've heard kids say all kinds of fucked-up things and go through all kinds of weird phases, and turn out OK in the end. But guidance is important.

Ask him why he's talking to you like that, and acting like that. Make him actually talk out his thought process. And explain clearly how it makes you feel, and why people don't talk to each other like that. Talk to him like an adult, basically. The biggest mistake you can make with kids, is to treat them like another species that need to be lied to and spoken to in soft tones. Show him the respect of assuming that he KNOWS he's crossing a line here, and try to figure out why he's doing it.

If that conversation goes badly, then you should definitely talk to his mother. You probably should anyway. But don't do that first. Being a single parent is tough, and it sounds like she doesn't really know how to handle the only boy in her family. It'd have more value if you actually confronted him, than if you just ratted him out to his mom.
>>
>>16624958
Imagine how fun it would be to defend yourself against a 7 year old. You'd destroy him.
>>
>>16624995

Is it wrong that I got a big smile on my face imagining what I'd do in that situation? I would just hurl him to the floor and knock the wind out of that little fucker
>>
It's just a dumb kid with power fantasies and possibly asspergers.

He is no threat to you but he does need to know you can be arrested for saying shit like that.
>>
>>16624958
>, how do i show/tell him what he was doing is not okay?

You tell him straight to his face. He's a kid, and doesnt understand shit, and is just being a kid. I wanted to be a terrorist when I was that age. A terrorist.

Break it down to him like a child, because he is literally a child. Tell him, here in the world, we take threats seriously and even punish people by law if they make threats to others. He has to learn that, so tell him next time he makes a threat about murder, you're gonna bend him over your knee and whip him with your belt and won't stop even if he starts crying until he promises to stop. You probably won't have any more trouble without even having to touch him, he'll be so scared out of his wits.

Then maybe take him hunting, to teach him how to kill shit and devour their flesh, legally.
>>
Were one of the number combos 666? He could be possessed.
>>
>>16625003
It would be a good opportunity to practice suplexes, body slams and other wrestling moves.
>>
>>16624988
(op here, my laptop says "Connection error." when I try to reply so I've moved to my phone) My sister is sleeping now because she has to go to work at 6am :/ and she'll be at work until 11pm
>>
>>16624993
(op here, my laptop keeps doing this when I try to reply so I've moved to my phone) yeah I was thinking of telling his mom about all this when she comes to pick him up.
>>
>>16625058

I was saying you should talk to him first, though. It sounds like his mom doesn't really know how to handle it
>>
>>16625004
(op here, my laptop says "Connection error." when I try to reply so I've moved to my phone) yeah I just don't know how to tell him to where he can get it through his head
>>
>>16625068

Tell him what prison is like. Don't sugarcoat things for him. If he wants to talk about murder, tell him what happens to murderers, and even people who make threats like that
>>
>>16625016
he doesn't respond well to punishment, if anything it makes him angrier and he tries to 1-up the punishment. But I will tell him those things thanks.
>>
>>16625017
Don't think so, they were all random (one was 420 though) and I think he was just doing this for attention. Won't lie, I was listening for that though.
>>
>>16625061
Ah okay, yes definitely will. And yes I feel so bad for her she struggles to pay to bills and keep all four of her children happy. I'm sure adding to the fact he is a boy and the youngest is very stressful.
>>
>>16625077
I was thinking of doing something like that. I wanted to show him "scared straight", but I think that show has A TON of cussing and I don't want his mom getting mad at me for showing him something with profanity.

But I will do some research to tell him what the sentences are, find those videos of "the worst/grossest/cruelest prisons ever", and explain what happens to them. Thanks.
>>
>>16625115

Yeah, and it sounds like it's tough on him as well. It'd be tough to grow up as a boy with ONLY girls and women in the house. He's probably confused about how he's supposed to act, on television it always seems like men are supposed to be violent, and kids can get things confused.

Just explain in no uncertain terms that real people don't talk to each other like that. this >>16625077 isn't bad advice either. You've just got to talk to kids straight when they're acting out.
>>
>>16624958
>hits people (including his mom and sisters) often, and does not respond well to punishment.
Shit.

I would not babysit this kid anymore.
>>
>>16625144
I think he's being even more violent to kind of repress some things as well. Like we were playing on an app where you had to guess the song and One Direction came up and he said "can you play the song on your laptop?" (since it only played a portion of the song). I played the music video and when Harry comes on screen he goes "I like him, he's so cute" and made similar comments on the other boys. He might have just been admiring beauty, but he joked about having a boyfriend earlier (and he said those comments like a 12yo girl fawning over 1D would). And like I said, he had an interest in ballet when he was very young, but this was never supported/encouraged. I fear his very religious family might also have to do with him feeling the need to repress these things.
>>
>>16625168
I don't babysit him often, and I feel obligated to watch over him if his mom asks me to since I have known her for so long (I don't even ask for money I feel so bad for his mom as well since she struggles financially)
>>
>>16625260
Fucking hell he's turning into a little fag, as the only boy in a family of two sisters one half sister and a single mother I used to listen to the Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears and whatnot and when I got to school every other dude treated me like shit because of it and on top of that I'd always be angry for being around all that girly shit. He might be pissed because he's getting picked on, show him cool dude's shit, let him watch Die Hard or Rambo or something, make him watch WWE or UFC or football, fucking South Park maybe, let him play GTA and other games like that; you gotta make him cool because god knows hanging around all girls isn't doing that. Thankfully my older cousins did this for me, dudes being raised around all girls NEED other dudes or at least access to guy stuff.
>>
File: 1451354131671.jpg (116 KB, 600x881) Image search: [Google]
1451354131671.jpg
116 KB, 600x881
>>16625570
Yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu2z4Uf9Tgc

Don't let him end up like these guys
>>
Little assholes love to say that shit cus noone ever hit them or talked down to them about that

It sucks being surrounded by girls and woman, they are litteretly retarded and the worst "family"

Overal its just a cunty kid
>>
I know people with schizophrenia and/or bipolardisorder have an affinity for numbers. It could be something to check out when you take this kid to the doctor in the near future, you would not want him doing something radical to hid siblings, right?
>>
file a report to child services

or dont associate with the kid any more

as an early childhood educator, theres some indicators there of something serious
>>
>>16624958
>Im babysitting my neighbor's kid(7) and he keeps talking about murder.

KEK
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.