[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think it's possible to live without friends? I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1450353881570.jpg (43 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1450353881570.jpg
43 KB, 480x360
Do you think it's possible to live without friends? I just seem to hate other people. I keep finding myself either disgusted or disappointed or annoyed with everyone and I feel like trying to interact with people is doing me more harm than good.
And I'm not even a teenager anymore so I doubt this is just edge. Maybe I'm meant to live in isolation?
>>
Without friends? Sure. But not complete isolation.
As you grow older you have less and less friends. That's how life goes.
>>
Yes. Though it's helpful to keep acquintances and just interact minimally now and then (I love Facebook for this, you never really need to talk to anyone, just like a few pics/posts and comment happy birthday once a year).

This way if you ever need anything or run into them and want a favor, it's within easy reach.

Of course, you prune dead weight (broke or clingy friends with no worth or that are too taxing to even minimally interact with).
>>
>>16618095

sure, why not? worse case scenario is you realize you are wrong and come back and try it again.

most people find the level of interaction they need and built their life to facilitate that. me i just need a friend to see once or twice a week and play either video or board games with. others prefer all alone.

but if you grow to resent people its not that you like to be alone, its that there is a deeper issue here. being alone should make you happy, not re enforce the bitter.
>>
>>16618121
It's honestly the being not alone that makes me bitter. Some people just leave me thinking god, look at this cunt. Why are they saying that. Why am I listening to this. And it drains me out
>>
>>16618148

then go alone. just dont end up being bitter about the minimal interaction required to maintain your existence, cuz you do have to talk to some people for whatever reason unless you plan to live off the grid in the woods self sufficiently.
>>
>>16618095
you don't have to interact with people if you don't want to.
still, I think you should tough it out and keep a few people around you for cases like weddings, your funeral, witnesses if you need to be in court, loans etc.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.