[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This flu is kicking my ass.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: flu.jpg (131 KB, 1255x1300) Image search: [Google]
flu.jpg
131 KB, 1255x1300
What are your types for defeating it /adv/? I've taken a lot of NyQuil and Mucinex and it doesn't seem to be helping much.
>>
>>16615712

Suggestions*, fuck, I can't even type coherently.
>>
Viruses are only alive as long as they have a host. To stop the flu, you have to kill yourself.
>>
>>16615730
kekko, laughed IRL
>>
I just drink tea, I have no idea if it actually makes me better or if I just feel better
>>
>>16615712
Getting rid of the virus itself: Plenty of fluids and rest, preferably bed rest. Keep stress low. If anybody is getting on your case, tell them to fuck off. Dunno how much vitamin C helps but it can't hurt and it's damn hard to OD on it, so go nuts. Try to stay away from sugar because that lowers your immune system. All in all, might take up to a week to get the virus out of your system and rest up completely, assuming you're young and otherwise healthy.

Getting rid of symptoms: If you have a fever make sure you are keeping an eye on your temperature. Some research shows that your body actually fights off bugs better with a slightly elevated temperature, but if it's over 99 or 100 you should be taking Tylenol or something to knock it down. If you're taking something like Nyquil, that might already have a fever reducer in it, so don't double up on those.

There are natural remedies to open up your nasal passages, like putting a little eucalyptus oil in water and boiling/vaporising it, then inhaling the steam; chicken soup; spicy foods etc. These can all help but they're not miracles.

Overall, nothing is going to make you feel much better while you have the flu. One benefit of Nyquil is it knocks you the fuck out so you can sleep and get better faster.

Feel better soon OP
>>
>>16615712
drink hot teas or hot chocolate, but no coffee

cover yourself up

get vitamin c any way possible

chicken soup

the typical stuff always does the trick
>>
>>16615773

Just a comment here: it's well documented that C vitamin does not help when having the flu. It is just a myth.
>>
>>16615801

Yes, however, placebo is a powerful thing.
>>
>>16615801
That's fine. Last I had heard, there was some evidence that huge megadoses of vitamin C might help. But that was a while ago. Thank you for setting me straight.
>>
>>16615712
Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold and Flu the tea kind is my go to. Theraflu is good too but personally I like most things Alka-Seltzer. Nyquil sucks. Then drink lots of room temp. water. and rest. The rest is the key. You just have to let it run it's course.
>>
Jump in the shower on really hot and fill the tub sweat it out. I'd suggest bringing a laptop to watch something. Wet cloth on the head
>>
>>16615712

if you think you are getting the flu (youll know cuz of the soreness) go to the doc ASAP. they will prescribe some med that can kill it fast. but once the flu takes hold its too late.

once you do, still go, ask for somethign to help you sleep, they will give you codein.

it makes the flu extremely bearable. its soo nice just pick a comfy show to watch and roll with it.
>>
>>16615801
>>16615962
It's partially true. Vitamin C IS good for your immune system, and a healthy immune system is better at fighting off/ preventing viruses from taking over your body. Once you actually get the flu, though, it doesn't really do anything.
>>
>>16615712
Throw yourself into a wall a few times then hit your big toe with a hammer. You will forget you have a flu.

Shoo shoo retarded flu.
>>
>>16615712
Drink orange juice, eat hot soup with black pepper and salt, drink hot green tea, you don't even need medicine if you do these
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.