[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I have a conversation without losing my train of thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: sad.jpg (67 KB, 632x473) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
67 KB, 632x473
How do I have a conversation without losing my train of thought halfway?

Sometimes when I talk for too long I forget the point that I was trying to make, have no idea where I am in my sentence, or realize mid sentence that my point is not relevant to the conversation at all. I usually have to pause awkwardly and hope that somone else will catch on and help me out or, if they don't, I have to fumble with my sentences and I get even more lost and just end up looking retarded.

My friends call me a bit socially awkward but its hard to explain to them that its because I get lost in my sentences, and have a hard time catching up.

If I were to describe the feeling, its like halfway through my sentence my brain turns off for a second and my mouth is moving but the words coming out of it aren't what I was thinking of saying a couple seconds ago. When my brain turns back on I am in the middle of a trainwreck that I have to cleanup and reorganize, sometimes having to start over.

Its really frustrating /adv/, I want to have interesting and less awkward conversations. Any advice?
>>
I think perhaps you should see your doctor. Losing your train of thought halfway through the conversation might be a sign that there's a problem with your memory. It happens to the best of us occasionally, but it shouldn't be happening as often as I assume it is for you.

It might even be an issue with anxiety. Either way, see your doctor.
>>
>>16605541
I dont't think it's related to my memory ( hopefully not). Most likely its anxiety as you said.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.