[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can having no friends affect your mental health?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1450356723009.gif (3 MB, 922x518) Image search: [Google]
1450356723009.gif
3 MB, 922x518
Can having no friends affect your mental health?
>>
>>16583214
Sure. When I start to have crazy thoughts (what the purpose of life, gender, etc, doesn't matter what), it's normally when I've been not hanging out with my friends for a long time. Once I see them, and afterwards, it's amazing how much more centered I am.
>>
>>16583219
I can attest to this 110%. My darkest days were when I barely got together with anyone, and my best have been when I was consistently doing things with friends.
>>
>>16583214
Absolutely. Humans are a very social species. Almost all people need social interaction and healthy relationships.
>>
>>16583219
>>16583224
>>16583236

Not OP, but I feel the absolute opposite. I love my friends and family but being around them too much makes me extremely uncomfortable.

I think it depends on the person, although I am sure I'm in a minority.
>>
>>16583360
Me too. I came back two days ago from the city of my uni. I can't stand their presence, their attentions anylonger.
>>
>>16583214
Yes it can. The more you desire the more it affects.
>>
>>16583360

That is called being an introvert: You enjoy socialization with certain people, but ultimately, too much becomes exhausting and you "re-charge" via alone time

That is COMPLETELY different than NEVER having anyone around.
>>
>>16583214
Yep. I currently have no real friends or family, or even anyone to talk to. I'm suicidal almost all the time and I often experience intense feelings of despair. Sometimes I hallucinate. Living in complete isolation is unhealthy, humans weren't designed to be that way. Cherish the friends you have, and if you think they're phony, fine better ones. Just don't end up like me.
>>
>>16583214
>Can having no friends affect your mental health?
There is a very strong correlation between poor mental health and having no friends, but it is often difficult to say which is the cause and which is the effect, if either.
>>
>>16583214
Just look at /adv/.
>>
>>16583374
That's exactly what I mean though, I haven't talk to anyone except online in the last 2 months since I lost my job and honestly, it's the happiest I've been in a long time.
>>
>>16583214
Yes.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.