[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 870x887) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 870x887
Adv, is "the talk" necessary? Pls share your stories anons! Was there a point you and your so clearly defined your relationship or was there a point where it was futile because it was clear to see that the two of you are in a commited/exclusive relationship?
>>
>>16582200
>the talk

if she really loved you she would have already stopped seeing other men and wanted to be your one and only

if he really loved you he would be hiding any other women from you very well
>>
>>16582204
That wasn't the question... I know we both aren't seeing anybody else. The question is, is it necessary to pur a label on or should i just not give a damn and enjoy what we have? Cause that's what i am doing right now. But everybody i know has had some version of "the talk" at some point or another
>>
>>16582209
I've never had the talk, so I guess I don't have the same perspective as you do. Are you looking for reassurances of fidelity? I'm not really sure why you need to sit down and have some sort of negotiation when you know that you're both exclusive to each other right now.
>>
>>16582219
For me, everythings good as it is. Buth i am not sure if he would like some validation of what we have. It's not about fidelity i guess, more about making it "official".
>>
>>16582222
oh. you should have asked that from the beginning.
make sure to verbalize shit like how much you're glad to be with him and how much he means to you

next time you're watching tv or whatever, sit up, look him in the eye and say something along the lines of "i'm so lucky to have you/ you're such a great boyfreind/ you make me happy" and cuddle up extra hard
>>
>>16582200
Every female I have ever been serious about has initiated this talk. It usually happens after they tell me they are in love with me.

I would never start such a talk, as it looks weak.
>>
>>16582235
I am interested in how people handle this in general. It makes for extra cute stories. My sister for example: her bf took her to meet his family. On the way he asked her if he can introduce her as his gf. Things like that make my heart melt.

We do this all the time. Except the bf/gf thing. But that might also be due to a lack of a term for that in our language... Boyfriend and boy friend are the same word as girlfriend or girl friend. Yeah, we life confusing lifes.
Thats probably why we have a bigger need for "the talk". We can't just make sure we know we're exclusive with calling somebody a name.
>>
>>16582239
Uh... Ok. I might be a bit more reserved with my "i love you's". That is something reserved for when i really mean it. And that would clearly be a while into an exclusive relationship. However, why would that make you look weak?
>>
Some people on /adv/ seem to somehow have relationships without really talking to their partner, they look like they suck.

You should be free to talk about whatever, and you're going to have to have some serious "talk" times about how you're going to plan things and pull them off. You might not have to have a real talk about being boyfriend/girlfriend, if it's obvious all you'll need is a little light-hearted quip. Or maybe nothing at all, if you're obviously already past that stage.
>>
>>16582200
I was seeing this girl for a couple of weeks and soon we're going to break up for Xmas so because she's a girl who is funny about labels I made sure to have the talk because I'm not into seeing multiple people and wanted to secure the relationship or abandon it.
Talk went well and now we're together properly.
Always worth having just to clarify things and it's nice when you have that talk because it adds value and steps it up a notch
>>
>>16582251
What would be signs that we clearly have passed that point already?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.