[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
giril i like likes death and weird stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 6919044-pretty-girl-lily.jpg (988 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
6919044-pretty-girl-lily.jpg
988 KB, 2560x1600
i met this chick and she's really cute and smart and we have great chemistry. there is something that makes me wonder if its a red flag: shes really into things like death and burial methods or other freaky death related stuff and he has books about victorian medicine and surgery with pretty gruesome illustrations. she loves to read and reads everything pretty much but these books are just weird. it's not like she talks about these stuff but when i was at her place and saw the books and i mentioned like 'whoa that's something' she said yeah, i find stuff like that reallu interesting

so lads a red flag or not
>>
Sounds kinda hawt to me. At the very least you know she has something interesting about her.
>>
its not a red flag. sounds pretty badass imo, its 2015 no one likes basic bitches
>>
>>16570303

she's probably a typhoon in bed
>>
>>16570330

pretty much this. has there ever been any other 'redflag' behavior? like is she hardcore goth or anything weird? or is she just a normal chick with morbid curiosity.

liek anon said no one likes basic bitches, be glad you found a woman who can actually think about things outside of facebook.
>>
>>16570381
no she's not a goth or anything she looks a bit like pic related (ginger with brown eyes ) and shes really into cats and languages and all cute girl stuff but shes also into death and politics and idk. other girls i've been with didnt really care or know about cremation procedures so idk
>>
>>16570303
So she has a morbid curiosity. I'm into similar things and collect dead animals. I don't kill them, but my mom used to jar and gift them to me when I was a kid because she worked at an animal shelter. I would sit in the surgery room, across from the vet, and watch him perform surgeries all day. It was fascinating.

>>16570381
>'redflag' behavior? like is she hardcore goth or anything weird?
Bad experience with attention whores, or something? I consider myself goth, because I love the music, but no one would really be able to tell by looking at me. I wear a lot of black, but I'm pretty minimalist when it comes to clothing.
>>
>>16570406

not me personally, just general obversations. im like you tho prettty much all black all day.

even the men who fuck my wife are black
>>
>>16570404
So you've finally met someone smart with their own interests. She may be weird but she sounds like a lot of fun.
>>
>feeling threatened about people having interests you don't share
>2015

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>16570469

the issue here isn't that the interests aren't shared, but rather the interests are indicative of either certain traumas and/or certain behaviors that will make them an unsuitable partner.

for instance, a negative experience with death that develops into an obsession for it (like a child who's mother has died, and to replace their mother they fixate on death itself, the mother's final act) might be perpetually depressed, 'woe is me' or take death rather lightly.

some might worry its a morbid obsession that will escalate, such as to actually killing or recreating some of those images.
>>
>>16570477
op here
nobody from her family died except for some aunt who died of old age. i dont think she wants to kill sb. she wanted to study medicine once so maybe thats why shes into that stuff. but what you are saying is kinda worrying like maybe theres something wrong withe her but i dont see it. idk what to do
>>
>>16570477
>rather the interests are indicative of either certain traumas

cool post some sources instead of sensationalist moral panic unless [spoiler]you're talking out your ass[/spoiler]
>>
>>16570322
This

That's sexy maybe she's into bondage and stuff
>>
>>16570477
That's a little on the extreme side. Most people that I know who are into morbid things, including myself, are rather normal. We just like the weird, dark things in life, because we find it beautiful. Doesn't mean we're unstable or going to bring harm to others. We generally just turn into collectors of odd and ends, or find creative outlets.
>>
File: 1399948381267.jpg (37 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
1399948381267.jpg
37 KB, 384x288
>>16570498

just hang out casually and see where it goes. she probably just has some unique ineterests. if you are freaked out, dont spend the night with her etc. til you feel comfortable, but i really doubt she's going to harm you or anyone if there arent signs of her being a major trouble already.

>>16570513

>sources

my source is people. im not claiming its psychologically backed (though it often can be) i was simply explaining why OP was having trouble with this particular interest, not interests that are simply different from his own.

talking out of my ass would be assuming the latter.
>>
>>16570515

im the same way, for christmas im asking for dead bats and eyeballs in jars.

i was just pointing out that THIS is along the lines of OP (and other peoples) concerns with people like this, not that its just tastes different than their own.
>>
>>16570549
Ergo talking out your ass.
Interests are not indicative of trauma. Sometimes interests to follow trauma, but they are not even nearly enough as an indicator.
>>
>>16570586

>somtimes interests to follow trauma
>and you could trace those interests back to that trauma
>almost as if the interests are indicative of a possible trauma

but seriously, my whole point has been that this kind of thinking is silly, and that OPs new girliefriend just has a unique interests.

again, i was just pointing out to people of lesser intelligence (such as yourself) why people (such as OP) find the interest alarming (even if wrongly so)
>>
>>16570595
Resorting to ad hominem? Nice one, especially if it's talking about someone's intelligence.
I am simply saying that it's not in any way indicative on its own. You even said yourself this is not in any way "psychologically backed" and how could it be? Unless there is statistic significance of interests and trauma suffered by a patient, you can't call it indicative of it and you can't provide that, can you?
>>
>>16570631

>i am simply saying that its not in any way indicative on its own

me either. but you can't read, so im expecting yet another post where you insult me and say this statement again. i dont mind.
>>
>>16570678
You know that you were the only one insulting anyone so far, right?
And there is still this:
>Unless there is statistic significance of interests and trauma suffered by a patient, you can't call it indicative of it
Yet you do call it indicative, which is wrong by any scientific standard.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.