[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is unnatural colored hair considered a red flag? i see a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 12
File: large.jpg (45 KB, 398x600) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
45 KB, 398x600
why is unnatural colored hair considered a red flag?

i see a lot of people on here saying to avoid girls with unnatural colors in their hair due to mental illness or attention seeking etc etc

can anybody provide a more in-depth answer?
>>
Because guys here are intimidated by girls who are afraid to express themselves like that. Guys irl don't give a shit.
>>
>>16563328
>>16563336

Because unnatural colored hair is a sign of one of two things:

1. Independently wealthy - no need to fit in.
2. A failure who can't get a job and is seeking attention in any way he/she can.

Most people don't meet too many #1s.
>>
File: Top_All.png (1 MB, 1381x1187) Image search: [Google]
Top_All.png
1 MB, 1381x1187
>>16563328
Personally I perceive it as a lame attempt to be cool by following a trend.

But if I was young again I'd bang all those stupid girls and never worry about flags. Because none of your younger relationships are going to last, all girls are crazy at that age....
>>
File: caution.jpg (13 KB, 184x173) Image search: [Google]
caution.jpg
13 KB, 184x173
>>16563328
It signifies that you want to stand out and to stay away, subconsciously or not. Why do you think many warning, traffic, caution signs are bright? Why are many plants/ animals in nature that are poisonous brightly colored?
>>
it's a sign of one who disregards social norms.

To a point, this can be a good thing. Having independance is nice.
But too much and it can just be distasteful deviance. Especially in young women, this rebellious attitude manifests itself in dyed hair.

For example- one tattoo in a hidden place is fine, but being covered in tattoos is overkill and a red flag.

Also, many times employers do not hire people with unnatural hair colors, so it's an indication that the person may not have respectable/secure employment.

Lots of people dye/cut their hair in defiance of "traditional" beauty/ gender norms. This goes hand in hand with other "beauty acceptance" movements led by groups like fat people and transgender people. There's just a lot of mental illness surrounding it.

That's not to say that everyone who dies their hair shares those views. But of the people with colored hair, if you selected one at random and asked their opinions on certain things, they'd likely lean towards radical feminism.
>>
>>16563350
>>16563344
>>16563343

To add to these, it means that the girl is completely normal.

No, that isn't a compliment.

The one thing feminists truelly are right about is that too many men think with their dicks. Blinded by lust, and that means "normal" women can get away with pretty much anything, and they know it.

basically, "normal" = superbitch.

That's the new normal for women.
And believe it or not, guys want a partner in crime, not a social landmine they walk on eggshells around.
>>
>>16563328

I love unnatural hair color OP BUT I recognize that any girl with it is garbage as long-term potential and likely crazy as fuck.

Simply put anyone who dyes their hair an unnatural color is a HUGE attention-seeker and likely needs 2+ orbiters to feel secure at any time.
>>
>>16563383

Brofist. I love girls with tasteful goth/punk aesthetically overtones, but they are all morons (well, most, to the point where it's a safe assumption).
>>
Regardless, it's fucking ugly. I don't want some washed out, mold-colored, bleach-brittled, fried haired woman.

I want a girl with natural, long, soft normal hair that shows off health, modesty, and femininity.
>>
>>16563392
We all have to learn to compromise....

>Later on you'll be happy if you get a girl who's willing to put up with your shit, and likes to have sex with you.
>>
File: fw9v .png (208 KB, 428x328) Image search: [Google]
fw9v .png
208 KB, 428x328
>>16563361
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aposematism
>>
>>16563328
I say no, but I also only stick my dick in crazy, so whatever.
>>
>>16563406
I already have that and she has never dyed her hair.
>>
My ex convinced me to dye my hair red.
I had lovely buttlength healthy hair and it BROKE off until it was above my boobs. It happened so gradually I didnt notice it until I saw an old picture of myself.
My current bf wants me to dye it silver.
>>
>>16563424
Clearly you didn't know what the fuck you were doing then. Don't blame your ex for that.
>>
>>16563424
Do you color your pubic hair and eyebrows too?
>>
>>16563413
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aposematism
now THAT is interesting
>>
>>16563432
Paid $300 to get it done at a 'top salon'. Keep being bitter though.

>>16563437
Was tempting but too much effort. I have bangs so it hides my eyebrows
>>
>>16563424

I might be assuming too much but:

Don't let someone your dating make huge appearance choices like that for you. Controlling behavior only gets worse
>>
>>16563424
>>16563455
What the actual fuck.
Get a new Bf bitch this guy sounds like a faggot.
Why the fuck would you want your gf to look like that? Does he wan't attention from you or some shit?
>>
it sort of depends on how attractive she is to begin with. if shes really attractive she seems like sees one of those people who are so worried about their appearance that theyll 'permanently ish' change their appearance are massively fucking vapid and have a higher chance of being as shallow as they look. if she isnt really attractive it just look immature and tryhard ish. its just a classic case of 8.5/10 girl with a bitchy attitude vs 7.5/10 with awesome personality but with really specific

but in all honestly i think a fuckton ton of people should just start dying their hair lame colors and it will be normal. but that will never happen because most guys wont even bother because we do stuff that actually has, you know, substance, and skill and things like that
>>
It looks good.. but on the inside they are RoR developers.
>>
I would love to mess with a girl with unatural hair color like some girl with neon pink hair or anyother color. Unfortunatly Ive heard the same thing OP saying. Theyre either fucked in the head or theyre lazy rachet trash.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 450x602) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 450x602
Goddamnit guys... Use your common sense!
If she has good selfesteem and her shit together, it's a fashion statement and because she likes to play around with her looks.
If she's a slutty procrastinating attentionwhore it'sbecause she craves to noticed and because she thinks she has nothing to offer, that she would be SO boring if her hair wouldn't make her stand out like a sore thumb. Pic relatet: a fashion statement vs. Next pic an attentionwhore
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 645x563) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 645x563
>>16564127
>>
Then to girls, what do you think about guys with unnatural hair colors?
>>
>>16564173
I don't like it
>>
>>16564173
worse than girls
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 467x700
>>16564173
Again, depends. If you can pull it of like pic related, then it's hot. Don't do next pic... Cringey
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 384x384
>>16564195
>>
>>16563328
>why is unnatural colored hair considered a red flag?
Same reason fedoras are. A lot of shitheads wear it.
>>
I can't think of a good reason to justify coloring your hair. If they didn't care what others think as some claim, there would be no reason to color your hair anyways. The only reason someone would do it is that they want to stand out, which means they probably think they're a special snowflake or they're looking for attention or validation. So you're either a narcissist or you're needy.
>>
>>16563328
I can't really give you any reasons or facts but I can tell you that I'm 32 years old and I believe this is a huge red flag. Avoid blue hair girls like the plague.
>>
>>16564127
What exactly is "a fashion statement" supposed to mean, anyway?
>>
>>16563328
Every woman I've been with has had dyed hair. Pink was my favorite. Green and blue are kind of trashy. Purple is very striking but only works on the right type of girl. A deep red usually fits everyone, and a bright red is vomit inducing.
>>
>>16564233
It means, you do it because you like the look of it. Nothing less and nothing more
>>
>>16564288
I honestly experience difficulty believing people as stupid as you exist in this world.
>>
>>16564290
>people don't wear what they want because anon says so
>>
File: 1.jpg (28 KB, 485x409) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
28 KB, 485x409
>>16564290
yeah people who like fashion like to try new different things and change the routine every once in a while same as every fucking hobby, not that a neckbeard with no life like you would know about it right? lel
>>
>>16563328
Just date one.

You'll find out.
>>
>>16564297
Specific people wear certain things because they have personality disorders.

>>16564310
Fashion in general like as an outward 'expressive' thing is mental illness.

Self-expression isn't a good thing. Real 'difference' isn't something which is ever expressed.

Self-expression is always just a byproduct of instability and illness.

Does the president dye his hair? No, he wears a suit, one which looks basically the same as everyone else in the world who wears one.

Is that homogeny a bad thing? No, it's actually a very good thing, an indication of high society and high context in a culture.

'Self-expression' is the opposite of that and therefore should be avoided at all cost.

When you reject that it goes from you calling me a 'lmao birgin neckbeard xDDDD' to you just looking like an edgy 12 year old who thinks he's some sort of uber anarchist xDDDDDD
>>
>>16564350
Self-expression is okay to me, if it's not in a "HEY STREET LOOK AT ME MY HAIR IS ORANGE"-way.
>>
>>16564327
I'm s-scared
>>
>>16564354
Yeah I get that. If it's just some benign thing often it can be overlooked and even come off somewhat endearing to some people.

Though I'll stick with principle. It's like eating unhealthy food. Why only 'have a little from time to time' when you could cut it out of your diet completely, for the reason that you only ever eat it in the first place out of a weakness.

Why accept any weakness in your life whatsoever when you have the choice not to?
>>
>>16564354
Then again personally I've never actually seen someone 'pull it off'.

I bet to the same person you thought 'looked cool' I would just shake my head at.

So that's another reason why you always fall back on principle. It's subjective. And because it's subjective you should always agree with the person who disagrees the most, given that they likely know something or understand something about the situation which you simply are entirely unaware of.
>>
>>16564350
fascist much?
>>
>>16564378
I have the feeling that doesn't actually mean anything.

Are you denying that generally speaking people consider nice tailored 10 thousand dollar suits more sophisticated than dying your hair light blue or tattooing your skin or modifying your body in some other stupid way?

>but muh self expression

You only come off as mindless to me.
>>
Whenever I see a person with unnatural hair colors, I immediately interpret it as the external manifestations of inner turmoil. I think that they're very capable of attracting people as you will almost always see them surrounded by a group of people. However, there in lies the rub: they're very good at attracting people and not much else. They always seem to have mastered the art of being an object of affection, but lack in all other areas. They'll have some quirky cool things they know about, but they tend to lack the substance and depth of a well-adjusted person.

Just like tattoos, it's a half-assed way to try and express that you're in control of yourself. It's the fashion of independence. By dyeing your hair or getting a tattoo, you're coaxing yourself into the belief that these will be sufficient to demonstrate that you're the master of your fate and the captain of your soul.

Basically, I don't get too close to those people because the expression in and as of itself is a remarkable indicator of definitely NOT understanding what it means to be in control of your own life.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aposematism
>>
>>16563336
>attention seeking
>impulsive decision making

that's what they are expressing themselves as, which is why guys avoid them.
>>
>>16564410
Quite well put.
>>
>>16564407
what i'm denying is that anyone should give a shit what other people consider "sophisticated" or "stupid" and should present themselves in a way that they feel comfortable with and feel best represents them. trying to enforce your limited world view on other people and restrict their autonomy is also like the fucking definition of fascism.
>>
>>16564417
>>16563413
oops saw this anon had already thought of the same lol

to any girls reading this: having green/blue/purple hair is a great way to be pumped and dumped forever
>>
>>16564422
Right and that's exactly why you come off as completely immature because reality just isn't like that.

The reality is that what has traditionally been considered sophisticated is not arbitrary. You need to drill that into your head because something about it isn't sinking in.

My view isn't 'limited'. Reality is 'limited'. That's what makes it real.

People like you run the fuck away from that fact.
>>
>>16564127
>If she has good selfesteem and her shit together, it's a fashion statement and because she likes to play around with her looks.

>good selfesteem and her shit together
>good self esteem
>shit together
which is exactly what girls with colored hair never have. Just avoid them, you're gonna have your hands full with all the crazy running around without a big giant warning sign on it.
>>
>>16564327
wear 4 condoms
>>
>>16564428
yes, reality is absolutely like that. people can live whatever kind of experience they want. they don't have to fit into your little ordered society. you perceiving them the way you do is a reflection on your own biases, not on them. human beings are free to do whatever they please. if they choose to live outside the norms of society, they also choose to live with the consequences. it's their choice, not yours. and colored hair, piercings, tattoos, etc are not outside of the norms of society, either.
>>
>>16564446
>they also choose to live with the consequences.
eg never finding a real partner, no one caring about more than sex
>>
>>16564455
right, they all still single forever. think it's clear at this point you're just a bitter faggot
>>
>>16564173
I give 0 fucks. Not going to assume their life story because they made the choice in their hair color.

This whole thread is garbage because it's picking at something so petty, I would rather judge what they browse than their hair choices.

I had only dyed my hair a lighter brown in my teens and since then left it alone and sport the natural brunette.
>>
>>16564446
>people can live whatever kind of experience they want.
No they can't. That has nothing to do with forcing them either it's just that it doesn't actually ultimately work. You believe this only because you have not sufficiently thought it through.

If people go on their own whims instead of society's, when they aren't traditionally accepted by society, then they will always be living some type of lie, and that lie will always show up somewhere in consequences and make their lives not full, not completely worth living.

Reality, as harsh as it is, is always a better deal than living a lie.

You regurgitating the, in this context, complete tautology, of basic free will does not somehow controvert that fact.

Never does a person who lives outside of the norms of society fully grasp the consequences.

How can you choose something you don't understand? That's not a choice, that's a guess.

All of those things ARE outside of the norm of high society. Of cultured civilisation. They betoken only primitivity and regression. Lack of sophistication.
>>
>>16564473
It's the small things though. The devil is in the details.
>>
>>16564475
you need to be institutionalized
>>
Certain scenes tend to hold certain beliefs. Punk Rock and conservatism don't really mix for instance.

Along the same vein, women with pixie haircuts and dyed hair tend to have a few screws loose, and tend to be annoying with their political beliefs. I took a glance at our local "POC and LGBTQ" whatever club, and all of the women dressed in that same style.

Are there women who do that shit and are mentally healthy? Sure. But it's a decent red flag.

>>16564127
Honestly I'm not really seeing the difference aside from the fact the girl is pale as fuck and/or photoshopped.
>>
>>16564350
are you psychopathic or something? cause you're a fucking disgusting faggot with no personality of your own. I would seriously consider killing myself if I were you.
>>
File: 1448997510973.png (255 KB, 321x371) Image search: [Google]
1448997510973.png
255 KB, 321x371
>>16564490
>>16564522
>Degenerates on suicide watch
>>
>>16564517
Punk rock and conservatism don't mix.

Man you're ignorant. You've seriously never heard of a skinhead?

What music do you think neonazis listen to? Punk and metal boy.
>>
>>16564475
dressing in a way you don't feel comfortable, acting in a way you don't want to and living a life you don't want is the definition of living a lie you fucking retard. you are seriously a fucking sad person.
>>
>>16564532
your mums ass is degenerating after I fucked her in the butt faggot
>>
>>16564544
>dressing in a way you don't feel comfortable
Why aren't you questioning why it makes you uncomfortable?

>acting in a way you don't want to
Why aren't you questioning why you 'don't want to'>

>and living a life you don't want
Why aren't you questioning why you don't want it?

Oh shit that's right, it's because you're running away from yourself and authenticity is like poison to you.
>>
>>16564537
Nazi punk rock is a niche within a niche. Dead Kennedys and the like is what defined the genre, not Ethnic Cleansing or what have you.

You can call me ignorant, but the fact is they're irrelevant. Similar point on metal.
>>
>>16564558
Skinhead punk rock is what created punk rock, was the point.
>>
File: 1449982892599.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449982892599.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
>>16564563
>Skinhead punk rock is what created punk rock
Please, tell me more.
>>
>>16564554
like what the hell even tells you I didn't question myself why the fuck do you even assume you know everything about me lmao holy shit you're like elliot rodger on steroids
>>
>>16563328
All the girls I met with unnatural hair color were either batshit crazy or attention whores. A shame because I actually like unnatural hair color.
>>
>>16564577
>lmao holy shit ur like elliot rodger

The go-to butthurt response of the decade.

Gotta feel bad for guys who find this to be an acceptable comeback I keep reminding myself.
>>
>>16563343
pretty much this.

I kinda like the look of some flashy colors and it can be real sexy or cute, but most of the time the person who wears it has some serious issues.
>>
>>16564410
That's quite the generalization.
>>
File: 1.jpg (44 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
44 KB, 500x500
>>16564585
>le butthurt salty hurt durr
sorry if you don't have any friends and no one will ever love you :)
>>
>>16564410
Well said
>>
Same reason why girls consider guys who are a bit different a red flag.

>Inb4 nuh-uh girls are all nice and are the only hard done by ones in love
>>
i just think its ugly. lol
>>
>>16564410
Now that I think of it, I did know a girl in College with dyed hair and talking about wanting to get tattoos with a "special meaning".

But really she didn't do much at all or really think of anything other than how "she's kind of a bitch but you can get over it". Just used to look at Tumblr and all the dyed hair and tattooed girls, wishing she could do the same. I think she also used to cut her self and kept dating this same scene kid who was constantly cheating on her.

This would all get on top of her and she would take her anger out on me, but I drew the line when she threw a door open in my face for no reason at all.
>>
>>16564775
If you're 'a bit different' and you aren't also rich or otherwise successful then girls have every right to consider that a red flag.

The problem with you is you're 'a bit different' but you're some no-life neet who has no sense of the bigger picture. So that 'a bit different'-ness just translates to basic impotence.

Women don't want impotent men. What a fucking surprise.
>>
>>16564793
No actually I'm at university, me being "a bit different" is I really like retro things and music specifically Britpop and the 60s, mods and all that. I don't have an opinion on girls with dyed hair because neither of our styles are "current" and when that's the case people consider it a red flag to not be like everyone else.

But I like how you got defensive at the suggestion that girls can be cruel by being cruel yourself. What a fucking surprise.
>>
>>16564799
Describing you as a neet wasn't to be taken as a particular. You're some kid at university who has a pointless, niche interest. That's impotence.

Women don't see a red flag in you because you like mod fashion. They see the red flag because mod fashion is long out of date and that indicates impotence in your thought process to be interested in it. Even in just a passive way. It's just like why?

>Because I like it.

Exactly. Your world is just whatever you currently like.

You know what type of world that is? The world of a female.

Women don't want to date other women.

What a fucking surprise.
>>
>>16564810
Wow, clearly your red flag is that you've got a vicious tongue.
>Men HAVE to be all the same! Only girls can be difference and you HAVE to love us for it
Is this bait? Because if it isn't then you seriously need to rub one out. You'll be far less angry at men, for about 30 minutes at least anyway.
>>
>>16564547
>I'm 13
The post bur
>>
>>16564820
I am a man.

Men and women both have to be the same because that's just what existing in this universe is all about. Fight it and you just look retarded.
>>
>>16564829
Worded this poorly.

Men have to be the same as other men.

Women have to be the same as other women.

Men and women however should be opposites of each other.

Anything more or less than that is unwise.
>>
>>16564832
>I am a man.
Oh I see! You're an /adv/ pickup artist, like a wind up toy that keeps shouting
>DON'T BE HAPPY, BE MORE MANLY!!!!
No different from any internet tough guy, surprised you haven't said
>Pssh nuthin personel kid

Maybe I'll never be a pillar of attraction to women but at least I'll never be pathetic enough to pretend to be a macho man on the internet to compensate for my reality.
>>
Because it is unattractive as shit.
>>
just based on observation OP. I've never met, in all my years, a girl with unnatural hair color and who's accountable, reliable, rational and smart. Most are loud and obnoxious, some are cute and shy, but NONE are what I consider normal and reliable.
>>
The same can be said about guys with goatees.
>>
If it's cute, then it's not a red flag

but since it's usually an attempt at attention seeking and over compensating for lack of aesthetics, it's viewed as such

everything follows aesthetics, if the color really suits you and it's a good combination then it will 'feel natural', even thought it isn't.

speaking as a designer and someone who has studied/used colors for a long time, MOST people who paint their hair have 0 fucking awareness of color palettes, schemes and harmony.

they make it stand out as a real warning signal instead of something that complements their aesthetic.
>>
>>16564532
disregarding aesthetics is liberal leftist shit
if you're ugly then you're the degenerate.
>>
>>16564195
>>16564202
Both look like faggy tryhards
>>
>>16564869
Solid comparison actually.

>>16564887
Aesthetics is not superficial shit like hair colour or tattoos.
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.