[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Short: I've been busy with uni lately and my girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1363436085718.gif (1 MB, 275x199) Image search: [Google]
1363436085718.gif
1 MB, 275x199
Short: I've been busy with uni lately and my girlfriend is getting pissed off that I don't see her often enough

I'm in my third year of biology at university at the moment and I'm also in a 2 year relationship with this girl. This month I've had a lot of work - lab training, a write-up, an exam and a literature review - and I've had to cut down on the how often I see her (usually twice a week). Apparently though, this isn't enough as she thinks that I'm always too busy to see her even though I'm making an effort to see her as much as I do. This is in addition to the fact that she thinks I need to get more friends/hobbies so I'm not spending time on my own so much, even though I have just as many friends and hobbies as I always have (very few).
I've told her that it's just this month and next month it'll be back to normal but she clearly doesn't give a shit because she keeps bringing it up. I should mention that the same thing happened a couple months ago and things did go back to normal like I said.

I'm thinking of talking to her about it and telling her that it's selfish of her to expect so much of me when I'm doing my best.
I thought I'd check here first that I'm not just being a bastard.
>>
Put your education first desu.
>>
>>16486123

So she wants you to ignore your real-life responsibilities and priorities to pay her more attention, and she wants you to transform yourself into a more extroverted person than you are, just "because."

I'm not going to freak out and say "dump that bitch!!!!" but neither of these are fair or reasonable requests. Just hold your ground. Either she'll get over it, or she won't.
>>
>>16486296
>she wants you to transform yourself into a more extroverted person than you are, just "because."
I'm glad someone understands it. I've never had more friends than I can count on my hands and I've never been a part of any clubs or anything. I spend my time either playing vidya by myself or occasionally going for a drink with work. I don't know why it matters all of a sudden.
>>
One last bunp before I call it a night
>>
>>16486123
Don't give a shit about
>being a bastard
you just stand your ground, education is important

Christ, where's your damn backbone?
>>
>>16486325

It's a pretty common girlfriend thing, every girlfriend I've ever had has nagged me about it, but it's never really been a huge source of conflict. Just hold your ground, and continue to demonstrate that you're perfectly fine and happy this way.

I think for a lot of women, there's just an inborn sense that time spent alone is "bad" and time spent with other people is "good," and if you're choosing to spend time alone, they think it indicates some kind of depression.

But it doesn't, necessarily. I like people just fine, I have a few close friends I like spending time with, it's just that most nights I'm genuinely happier relaxing at home, watching a movie or fucking around on the Internet. Especially if I've worked hard that day. It's just called being an introvert, you don't have to change or explain yourself
>>
>>16486603
It's just a bit annoying considering she calls herself an introvert too. I never knew I was dating such a hypocrite.
>>
>>16486675

You don't need to be quite so salty about it, unless there's other things going on. Women are just wired differently from men, and their attitude towards socializing is one of those things. "Introvert" probably means something different to her than it does to you
>>
>>16486685
Only joking about m8. Point taken though, thanks.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.