[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend is really pessimistic and mean. How do you deal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Question-mark.png (35 KB, 749x946) Image search: [Google]
Question-mark.png
35 KB, 749x946
My boyfriend is really pessimistic and mean.

How do you deal with guys like that? He always assumes the worst of everybody, and outright ignores people he considers "trash".
>>
>>16450016
And he still talks to you?
>>
>>16450016
So you don't ignore people you consider trash? What? You go out of your way to greet them or something?

Most of us ignore people we consider trash. Also, you must be over the age of 18 to post in here, fuck off.
>>
>>16450016
There's literally nothing wrong being like that. It's called being realist. If you don't like him leave him.
>>
>>16450020
>And he still talks to you?
#Banter
>>16450028
>So you don't ignore people you consider trash?
I don't call everyone who gets on my nerves trash.
>You go out of your way to greet them or something?
No, but it's not a reason to be needlessly rude
>>16450034
>It's called being realist
People are good at heart

Folks even said bad things about him, but I ignored them and found he's a good guy. Not very "nice" though.

He'll give you the coat off his back and then call you a fucking retard for not having your own.
>>
>>16450596
Sounds like a decent person. Wtf is your problem?
>>
>>16450596
>>16450596
>He'll give you the coat off his back and then call you a fucking retard for not having your own.
while that's lacking in tact, solid observation and advice.

could say, like, why didn't you bring a coat? though I'm sure there'd still be that tone there right? that's why I get into trouble. I'm betting hes a bit jaded on sugarcoating shit for people.
>>
>>16450016

It depends on the extent of the situation. I can deal with shit talking other people, but if he's pessimistic and unhelpful when it comes to solving relationship problems then he's probably too immature for you.
>>
He is like most of the people here, too prideful and arrogant to see that in reality he is the trash until he realizes he needs to soften his heart and change. Unfortunately you are on a higher level of understanding than him and the only way he will learn is through suffering. One day hopefully he will learn the magnitude of the pain he causes others but for now you need to go do your own thing. He isn't a bad guy, just lost and needs to be found.
>>
>>16450658
cause that doesn't sound arrogant, judgemental, and hypocritical at all. retard.

nice high horse you got there. i think maybe, you haven't suffered enough to be stripped of your fucks as far as making everyone feel warm and fuzzy.
>>
>>16450630
I feel bad for him, nobody should be so grumpy
>>16450636
>I'm betting hes a bit jaded on sugarcoating shit for people
People have hurt him alot before, he says playing nice with anyone is dangerous.
>>16450645
He's a good problem solver, but he's not very sensitive or feely.
>>16450658
>pain he causes others
Nah, I wouldn't say that. He's a great big jerk, but not a monster or anything. When people cry or make sad faces he gets really awkward and demands they stop "doing that thing"
>>
I had a pessimistic boyfriend for years, except he was nice to people. He just angered easily and saw the bad in a lot of things. It wore me down after awhile. I dealt with it for a long time but something in my life changed and I realized how much his attitude affected me, so I left. There are some things about people that you can't change.
>>
>>16450658
>it is impossible for someone to succeed and genuinely see others as trash

are you the trash he speaks of?
>>
>>16450658
It's called not being a weakling white knight kek and a person who's a realist. You're better off not letting anything fuck with you than taking dick up the ass so much for sugar coating people who don't give two shits about you. You get what you want, no bullshit.
>>
>>16450016
I've dealt with people who just assume the worst of people, didn't bother with them ever since.
>>
>>16450596
Why the fuck wouldn't you have your own coat if it's cold?

And people are not "good at heart," they'll do whatever they think they can get away with. You're deluding yourself.
>>
>>16450703
Sounds like you're making a problem out of nothing. Not everyone needs to be all feely and emotional. If you don't like it go.
>>
>>16450658
Hello, sir/madam! Would you like to buy some of my *Introspecto-Mirror 25-0000*?

Only $10 a hit, er, tab, uh serving!

Don't worry! It'll clean the trash, tarnish, and sticky residue from your Interna-Mirror in no time!!
>>
>>16450016
>>16450034
yes leave him. because hes acting like a tryhard retard...
>>
love him for being himself and not going with the special snowflake shit or leave him for being an arogant dick who thinks seeing the shit in people makes himself any less shitty....

>>16450596
>People are good at heart
people are "survivalist" at heart, empathy and such are hardwired in our brain because group-tactics increase chances of survival.
>>
>>16450016

Break up with him. He's rude, mean, spiteful, will only get worse over the years, and will eventually turn on you. He won't change, find someone decent who deserves to have a partner, not some bastard who will die alone.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.