[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are anime cons a good place to meet people with similar interests?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Wx7Wf.jpg (11 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
Wx7Wf.jpg
11 KB, 184x184
Are anime cons a good place to meet people with similar interests? I've never been to one befor.
>>
Do you like anime? Then the answer is yes.
>>
I'm in the same boat as op, and I do like anime...but I'd mostly just be there for the sluts. I don't know how that wouldn't become apparent. I've SEEN some animes, mostly the 20-something ep adaptations, but it's all about hooking up for me.

Also, while we're on the topic, why is it nerdy girls are extremely prone to being too annoying and way past any level of cute half the time?
>>
From what I've seen in footage of these cons, both the girls and guys at such places are all equipped with mangled and broken social antennae.

But I could have just been watching the wrong videos. I have had some experience with a local MLP group however, and I am inclined to believe that the same people who goes to that group, go to anime groups. And if that is true, I would never ever go to an anime con. Jesus Christ what a bunch of social cripples and autists.
>>
>>16437895

animecons are a great place to play video games.

Anime itself? Not so much. You'll probably want to go to a comic convention.
>>
>>16437895
Depends. Board games cons are leagues better though if socializing is your goal.
>>
Anime cons are where casuals go and become crew so they can bang 16 yr old cosplay girls.

Fat neckebards need not bother.
These places are focused on apperance just like everywhere else.

If you're good looking you're in, otherwise not.
>>
>>16437962
This proves my point btw.
>>
I've only ever been to one. Never again.
I went there with friends, and to meet up with people from the internet. Friends joined their con friends and spent the entire weekend drunk. I didn't join them because I don't enjoy drinking.
I failed to hit it off with e-people, and spend most of the weekend walking back and forth around the hotel, only managing to interact with people as they were in-between meeting friends.
You won't enjoy cons if you don't like getting drunk.
You won't enjoy cons if you don't move in a group.
You won't enjoy cons if you have any discerning taste.
The "Gundam friends" I made primarily included a woman who cosplayed as Lunamaria Hawke.
You are unlikely to make friends because everyone came in a fucking group, so it's hard to join in, and you will only get to talk to people the rare time they are alone.
And even then the few people I got to interact decently with, I failed to keep them as a friend. Mostly because after adding them to bookface I realised they had a million friends and are constantly going to cons, so I will mean nothing to them.
>>
>>16437895

yes, but the bigger issue is that these conventions tend to attract people from all over the nation, especially bigger ones.

you might want to go to meet up dot com and just search for local get togethers if you are looking to make local friends.
>>
Lot of autistic fucks at both comic/anime cons. Wouldn't bother unless you plan on going with friends and getting fucked up. Outgrew it pretty quick desu
>>
Sure. But it's fairly easier to meet new people if you are in a cosplay or a "professional" photographer.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.